ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sparring and Creepypastas

ENTRY 217

Next scheduled bout: February 21, opponent TBA




Back To Sparring

With my registration almost complete, sparring will be starting up again very soon. I have to start preparing for Laidman.
Well, after I convince Richard that it is time to raise the bar, and that is the hardest part. Anyone who is, or has even been an athlete, knows how difficult it is to get the coach to think your way.

Although, I have an idea up my sleeve that will hopefully get Richard to see things my way.

Look out for a whole new, better, tougher "Brick". Coming soon to a boxing gym near you! Rated TMF (Tough Mo-Fo).


In ~ Security

As you all may (should) know, I do night-shift security at two different locations in Toronto. A synagogue near Bathurst and Eglinton, and a shopping centre near Don Mills and York Mills.
Anyway, as you can imagine, there are many interesting things that can happen. I would like to post them here, but it would require a whole separate blog.
One recent "event" does stick in my mind, and is actually kind of funny, looking back.
A couple of weeks ago, while at the synagogue , I believe it was the Sunday (Monday morning), at about 2 AM, I began to feel really sick. I mean seriously ill. The symptoms came upon me so quickly, I mean within 10 minutes.
It started with a slight tingle in the stomach. It than quickly became a severe cramp, with nausea. Then I became dizzy, and the odd part, I began to sweat. I mean heavy sweat, just pouring off me. Yet, I felt cold. 
All this happened within 10 minutes.
I then felt like I really needed to ralph. 
Now, the closest washroom for security to use, is all the way at the other end of the building, and there was no way I was going to make it. However, there is a small washroom for the cleaning staff in the basement, directly below the security office. 
I figured I should use that washroom, so I walked, quickly, down the stairs to the small washroom. 
Fine. Except that I had forgotten that I had the motion sensors activated down there.
So, here I am 'running' down the stairs, and half-way down I hear "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...!!" coming from the security room.
Shit. No time to worry about it now.
If the alarm is active for more than a minute, a signal is sent to a remote monitoring station, and my boss.
Of course it was more than a minute, and how embarrassing was it to have to explain that?

Another odd thing, is that this illness only lasted for about two hours. Then, as just a quickly as they came, the symptoms went away. 
My doctor thinks it was food poisoning, but I think it was something else.

Speaking of work, I was once again called into the office to be praised by management. Apparently, despite the small incident with the alarm, my supervisor has been report very good things about me to company managers.

That is twice now, I have been praised by management -in person. 
Wow. I have only been working there for two months.


My Top - 5 Favorite Creepypastas

Creepypasas don't really scare me, because they are only stories, and stories can't hurt you. Real-life events are creepier. 
However, I like Creepypastas if they are well-written, and are interesting.

So, now, here are my Top-5 Creepypastas, with links:

5; Clown Statue Based on the urban legend.
4; Smiling Man A late night walk turns terrifying for a young man.
3; Five Nights At Freddy's Based on the game.
2; Four Nights At Freddy's Based on the game.
1; He Dies At the End A man receives odd messages on his computer at night.


Honorable mentions:

The Hole In the Wall
The Window
Subway Stare

Abandoned By Disney
Apartment 1155



New Computer On the Way

Okay, so as in conjunction with the rest of my life, my IT guy found a more serious problem with my computer. Something had burned out on the mainboard. Maybe due to the bad connection, but, who knows?
Anyway, I had a few options, none of which I could afford on a security guard's wages.
My only option was to finance new one from MDG.
It pisses me off because I just became debt-free in August. Now I am having to pay $50 a moth for a new computer.
My only hope is that I can pay a bit more on it, to get I paid faster.

Shit.
Welcome to my crappy life.






"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Technical
Status:  ACTIVE , Renewal in progress

WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  185 lbs / 84 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 62 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  130 - 134 
HR stressed, after sparring  134 - 138 





                                                                          
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: February 21
Training schedule: Sun (Bloor), Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs (Stockyards).  sparring 2 - 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard SoucĂ©  / Trainer: Junmar Emon
----------------------------------------------------








THE BRICK'S LINKS

       "The Brick" ON FACEBOOK             

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST

adamthewoo  Forgotten and abandoned places and filming locations (YouTube)
Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario





No comments:

Post a Comment