ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, January 29, 2015

What? Could 'The Brick' Be Leaving Stockyards?

ENTRY 218

Next scheduled bout: February 21, opponent TBA




New Computer Finally Here

My new computer is here. It is not yet set up, but it will be by the weekend.

It came with a tablet, which is kind of cool. I have never had one of those.





My new computer. Similar to the one that died, but with more RAM and Windows 8.1. 








This computer is costing me over $1400.
The 'cash' price is $865.

That is why you don't finance.







Free tablet. 

The wife wants it, but I have bad news for her.










I'm Sill Searching, Again

Lately I have been noticing something 'odd' at Stockyards.

It has been happening since October, but I have really beginning to notice it this month.

I have been feeling neglected.
Richard rarely talks to me, much less coach me. Junmar has been about the same.

This past week, Richard has been bringing in a bunch of boxers from other gyms, and has been more interested in their performance than with mine.

Tuesday was the worst. The gym was so crowded with visiting boxers, that I was crammed into a corner and forgotten like a piece of garbage.
All I can do is shadow box in the corner, much less spar or anything else.

I have not had any sparring in over a week since my registration went in. Actually, it has been longer than that. A month.

Then, on Saturday, Richard takes our boxers to another gym, but won't let me go.

Richard won't let me travel with him to another gym, and I can't really even use my own gym being so crowded, what the hell is that deal?

Also, last Thursday, in addition to ignoring me, Richard kept on giving me a dirty look. He is pissed off at me, but would not tell me why.

Now, there is going to be another Stockyards card on February 21, and I think Richard is going to tell me that he can't find an opponent for me.
I'll bet that if I put an 'ad' for an opponent on this blog, I will get replies. 
I have a feeling that Richard does not try very hard right now. 
It just seems that he does not care about me any more.

I am not saying Richard is a bad coach. However, right now, he is acting very 'odd', and I don't know what is causing it.
I mean, if I am doing something, or not, I wish he would tell me what I am doing to piss him off.

I don't make suggestions to coaches any more, after the Kingsway Meltdown.
Therefore, if I don't hear anything from Richard about the February 21 card by right after the Brampton Cup, I am going to search for an opponent myself.

I think he is pissed that I changed my style from 'Technical' to 'Aggressive', and I don't think he likes that.
Well, it is obvious that Technical does not work for me, and since I am practically coaching myself right now, what else can I do?

It may be nothing.
No. It is something. Regardless of what is going on, Richard should not be ignoring his own athletes.

I was Stockyards' very first member. I joined before they were even open.
I should be their A-Number-One Superstar boxer.
Why did that not happen?

Interesting, isn't it?

I am going to give it until the end of February, and if I do not see any changes, I may have to make a decision about Stockyards Boxing.

Although, I really don't want to leave Stockyards, I need to get a "W". I can't keep losing. I am going to get frustrated, and quit, and then everything myself and Richard and Junmar have done will go to waste.
Also, I have already renewed my registration with Boxing Ontario through Stockyards, and it is a huge pain in the butt to change it.
However, if that is what needs to be done...

I am going to start looking soon, so that if I need to make a sudden jump to another gym, I will be ready. 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"THE BRICK" WILL BE INTERVIEWING NEW COACHES STARTING FEBRUARY

What you get: 
  • Free promotion of your gym's events on this blog.
  • Free video services with Metropolis TV on Dailymotion.
  • You get to coach the 'legendary' "Brick".
My expectations:
  • A coach who will take me seriously, and train me to win.
My qualifications:
  • Registered competitor with Boxing Ontario.
  • Over 15 years experience as a boxer, over 3 years recent.
  • Master's Division, 83 kg Class. Weight has been dropping.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::







"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE , Renewal in progress

WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  184 lbs / 83 kg [down]

MEDICAL
HR resting 62 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  130 - 134 
HR stressed, after sparring  134 - 138 





                                                                          
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: February 21
Training schedule: Sun (Bloor), Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs (Stockyards).  sparring 2 - 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard SoucĂ©  / Trainer: Junmar Emon
----------------------------------------------------








THE BRICK'S LINKS

       "The Brick" ON FACEBOOK             

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST

adamthewoo  Forgotten and abandoned places and filming locations (YouTube)
Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario





No comments:

Post a Comment