ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Stockyards' Next Card Announced and Computer Go Boom!

ENTRY 216

Next scheduled bout: February 21, opponent TBA


COMPUTER EXPLOSION

Yes, this entry is late, but I had an unfortunate thing happen last week: 



To make a long story short. It turned out to be a loose connection on the mainboard, for which the IT guy did not bill me.
I am using the wife's laptop right now, because mine still at the shop in Hamilton. 
Yes, my IT guy is in Hamilton.
This laptop is as slow as molasses, and I miss my software, and the ability to download, and my music.
I miss my computer. I want my computer. I need my computer.


FAIR INSPECTORS?

Here is something interesting. On the way home from work yesterday, two fare inspectors boarded the subway.
Did you know the TTC had fare inspectors?
Does the TTC really need fare inspectors?

Yeah. It would be a real shame if somebody tried to board without paying.
I mean, the technology the TTC uses to prevent the buses from being on time must be very expensive. Somebody has to pay for it.
It needs to be perfected. That is why sometimes a bus is on time.
Mississauga, on the other hand, uses the same system, and has it working perfectly. Just like they have perfected stupidity.

See. Mississauga is good for something other than preventing Brampton from sliding into the lake. 


STOCKYARDS' NEXT CARD ANNOUNCED

The next big tournament is the Brampton Cup on February 6, 7, 8. I don't qualify for this, as there is no Master's Division. This is a Novice Division tournament only.

However, Stockyards Boxing will be hosting their next local card on February 21, of which I am hoping to be in.
I am still trying to get Mark Laidman as an opponent.

Also, someone else, a good friend of mine, and a person well-known to the Toronto boxing community, will also be tossing himself into the ring soon.
I am not saying whom right now, but he does want to have an exhibition match with me once he is ready.

More on that in a future post.





"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Technical
Status:  SUSPENDED , Pending registration renewal (3 weeks)

WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  185 lbs / 84 kg  [down]

MEDICAL
HR resting 62 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  130 - 134 
HR stressed, after sparring  134 - 138 





                                                                          

-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: February 21
Training schedule: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, sparring 2 - 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard SoucĂ©  / Trainer: Junmar Emon
----------------------------------------------------







THE BRICK'S LINKS

       "The Brick" ON FACEBOOK             

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST

adamthewoo  Forgotten and abandoned places and filming locations (YouTube)
Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario





No comments:

Post a Comment