ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Half Of The Beans Have Been Spilled, Here Is The Other Half

 ENTRY 343


SPARRING REPORT: MONDAY AND TUESDAY

I did some ring work with a professional boxer at Stockyards on Monday, and five rounds of sparring on Tuesday at Toronto Boxing Academy.
In an odd change of schedule for me, I have been asked to come in for sparring on Thursday morning at Toronto Boxing, as there will apparently be a lot of guys there for sparring and Brock wants me o get as much work in as possible before my big bout in Hamilton, which is now less than two weeks away.

HALF OF THE BEANS HAVE BEEN SPILLED, HERE IS THE OTHER HALF

Well, part of my big announcement has already been made.
Last entry I announced that I will be competing in Hamilton on August 20.
You may have also noticed that I am currently training at two boxing gyms.
In addition to still training at Stockyards, I have also started training at the Toronto Boxing Academy.
I am training two days a week at both. I am training Monday and Wednesday at Stockyards, and at Toronto Boxing on Tuesday and Thursday. Before a bout, I also train Saturday mornings at Toronto Boxing. On Fridays, I do cardio and weight training at Bloor Fitness.
A total of six times per week for pre-bout, and five times per week during regular training.

I am doing this to decide if I want to stay at Stockyards for next year, or switch to Toronto Boxing Academy full time starting the new year.
My coach at the Toronto Boxing is Brock Arthur. A current professional boxer whose next bout is scheduled for September 24 at the Hershey Centre.

I met Brock about a month ago when I saw a poster at a bus shelter for a boxing show he was putting on. His gym is located literally just one block from Stockyards. I went in to ask if he wanted someone to video record. At that time I also told him that I was also an active boxer and showed him my April 30 bout...and it just went from there.

Brock is responsible for getting me the bout at "Banger In the Hangar" in Hamilton on August 20.
My opponent will be Ismet Nejat Shukri.
As I mentioned in the last entry, I will practically be all alone for this one, so supporters of 'The Brick' in the Hamilton area, please come out and show your support. I will need all that I can get.


======================================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

===============================================================

'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

 215 Ryding Ave. Toronto

Monday and Wednesday

--and--

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday and Thursday, and some Saturday

--and--


2285 Dundas St. W. Toronto


Friday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment