ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, August 17, 2018

Training For September Club Card and More About My Mystery Coach

    ENTRY 430


TRAINING FOR SEPTEMBER BOUT

I still don't have the final word on who will be on the card next month as it is still a bit early.
Although my coach wants everybody on, so I am training very hard.

Eight rounds of sparring this week. Although not quite as much as I like, it was the best I could get. I wanted to keep going but everyone else wanted to stop.
Interesting how I am one of the oldest ones there, but I have the most energy. How does that work exactly?

That being said, my coach has been great so far. One of the best.
He gives me pointers every time I am in. He also does target pads with me every second day.
That is more than I received from that previous gym that cost so much more as well.

Anyway, let us move on from that...

I am still not revealing who my coach is. 
However, he does not talk about his past very much, so I did my own research.

He had 138 bouts as an amateur and 36 as a professional. 
He has had a 77% win ratio as a professional, but he had a 92% win ratio as an amateur, so yeah, he was much better as an amateur.
Here is the cool part: He was in the 1984 Olympics. He did not place for a medal, but he was there, which is a lot more than most athletes ever get.
He became a professional boxer only three months after the Olympics.

That is the background of my coach. At least what I could find so far.
Since he does not talk about it, I don't ask him, but still. I know someone who was in the Olympics. How cool is that?


I WANTED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE TTC TODAY, BUT I AM IN A RARE GOOD MOOD

I won't go into details because I am really not in a complaining mood. I am in a rare good mood right now, so enjoy it while it lasts.

All I want to say is that the TTC had police doing fare inspections at Bathurst Station on Friday,
I am telling you this because the next time there is a shooting rampage in this city and want to know why there is not enough police presence, it is because they are checking fares at Bathurst Station.

That's all.



═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec


No comments:

Post a Comment