ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, August 31, 2018

A Bit of Sparring ~ That's Too Light! ~ Big Announcement

    ENTRY 432


A BIT OF SPARRING


This was the first time at the new gym, and actually, the first time since I trained at Stockyards that I sparred every day of the week.
At this new gym, sparring is very important. If the coach asks you to spar, you should always say 'yes'.I generally only spar when a coach asks, and this week a coach asked me every day, so I said 'yes' every day.
A total of 17 rounds this week.

I agree that more sparring is better.
It is really the only way you can properly work on things.

At the previous gym, we only sparred once a week and that was not enough.
However, at that gym sparring was very hard. It was almost always 100% contact and that is not necessary for sparring. It is called 'sparring', not 'kill your teammates'. 
At this new gym, we spar lightly. Usually only about 60% or sometimes 70% at the most. 
That is all you need. The idea is to help each other.
I like how this gym we all help each other and treat each other equally. 
For the most part, there is no 'Grandpa Syndrome'.
I say 'most' because there is one coach who likes to protect the Masters, and you all know how much I hate that.
That being said, none of the other coaches do that. 
I'm going to talk to that coach about that because I don't think he realizes how much it bothers me.
My number one all-time boxing piss-off, and the main reason why I am on my fifth boxing gym.


THAT'S TOO LIGHT!

Coach told me that there would have been an opponent for me for September 8, but he is too light. He is 155. I'm 174. I actually gained a bit.
My coach wants me to drop to Middleweight. 
I'm getting there.
I can't believe I gained a pound after CNE day.


"THE BRICK'S" BIG ANNOUNCEMENT EARLY NEXT YEAR

I will have a big huge major announcement coming up. It is so major that I don't want to announce it too soon.
It is something that is not directly related to boxing but will affect it.

See here for more information starting in January!

A very few of my close friends and family already know, but for the rest, you will have to wait.


═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment