ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, August 2, 2018

The Drama Continues and A Training Update With Another Weight Loss Announcement!

    ENTRY 428


THE DRAMA CONTINUES

Okay, so here we go again.
I wasted two days off from work trying to sort things at Xtreme Couture.

At first, I just put a pause on the membership because I wanted to try to work things out.
However, that did not happen.
On Wednesday I went in to get them to sign the release form and immediately one of the coaches started to yell at me and refused to sign the release, and that is exactly what I thought would happen. So, my idea to try to save the membership had failed. I was asked by the nice person at the front desk to return the following day to talk to one of the managers.
On Thursday I did what she suggested.
I felt really bad because the manager I spoke with was very nice but I explained that I tried my best but the coaches were being uncooperative.
He was very understanding and canceled my membership.

While all this was happening, I looked up and saw the boxing coaches standing in the doorway of the boxing area and they were watching me.

I had no problem getting the membership canceled, but I still didn't get the form filled. 
Although Boxing Ontario requires it, I forgot that the coaches at Xtreme Couture are exempt from the rules.

My only alternative at this point is to see if Boxing Ontario will accept the form without a signature. They already know about it because I had already informed them.
It is likely Xtreme Couture coaches may get in crap from Boxing Ontario, but that is their own fault.

This doesn't make sense, anyway. They want me off the team, but won't release me. Just sign the damn form and let me get that place out of my life.

As you can tell, I am very annoyed at the coaches at Xtreme Couture. They are so unprofessional and conceited, and they are not even good coaches.

My new coach was able to find a flaw in my technique and make many suggestions within two days. 
I was paying almost $200 a month at Xtreme Couture for a year and none of the coaches were able to find any flaws or even make any decent suggestions.

Based on my experiences at Xtreme Couture, I can honestly not recommend the boxing program.
However, they do have decent fitness facilities and the front area staff are wonderful, and I can't comment on the other combat sports they teach because I didn't take any of those classes.
All I can say is to stay away from the boxing.

They did give me a six-month credit that I can give to someone, so if anyone wants to try Xtreme Couture for a few months, let me know.


TRAINING UPDATE

As I mentioned before, my new coach has provided me with a lot of great advice.
I don't share all of my training anymore, but this one is interesting.

Have you ever seen a boxer tap himself on the forehead?
There is a reason for that.

It reminds him to return his hands to his face.

My coach told me that and wants me to try it.

There, you learned something about boxers today.


ANOTHER WEIGHT LOSS

When I last checked, Wednesday, I was down to 174 lbs.
That is a 5-pound drop since leaving Xtreme Couture and a 12-pound drop since leaving Stockyards.
However, my coach wants me to drop to below 170.
That is doable.



═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment