ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, November 2, 2018

Golden Gloves Training Has Begun

    ENTRY 440


GOLDEN GLOVES TRAINING IS ON 

Training for the Golden Gloves has officially started.

I will be training for six days a week and for longer at each session with a focus on technique.
Sparring at least twice per week. 
Although my coach wants me to do more sparring than that. 
I did do a couple of rounds on Tuesday, but I was really tired and the coach would not let me continue. I can understand that because it becomes a safety issue.

It is rough working full-time nights and training for boxing at the same time, but somehow I am managing.
What I do is on my nights off, I train during the evening session. On my nights on, I train during the morning session. It is easy for me to get to the gym right from work, although it does mean carrying all of my gear to work.
Pain in the ass but necessary.

During Thursday morning session, I did some target pad work with Coach Johnny.
I did some drills with him and then he had me do an entire round of just fast uppercuts.
I liked that drill. It wore me out but that's the idea. Work on improving endurance. One of the most important parts of boxing,


FRIDAY MORNING SPARRING

Seven rounds of sparring on Friday.
I once again gave Connor a nice right-cross to the chin again. Two actually.
He isn't "new" anymore so I am not being easy him anymore.
Keep your guard up!

GAINS ARE WORKING...OR NOT

I have been working every week on a weight-training program that one of the coaches put me on two months ago and it appears to be working but...
I`ve gained weight.
I`m up to 80 kg again. It is muscle gain, but I`m going in the wrong direction. The coaches want me to drop to Middleweight.
So, well, wait...
What?

I've talked to my physician and he said that I was fine the way I was and that dropping a bit wouldn't hurt as long as I did not try to drop too quickly or try any crazy way to do it.
Although my BMI is 26, my physician does not believe in BMI because it does not take muscle mass into consideration.
So, from a healthy side, I am fine, but how do I drop and get stronger at the same time?



TRAINING SCHEDULE

Currently training 6 days a week, until November 26:

MONDAY: Swimming, 25 min @ University of Toronto Athletics 
TUESDAY: Technical Training and Sparring 90 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
WEDNESDAY: Core and Weight Training, 60 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club 
THURSDAY: Technical Training and Core Training 90 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
FRIDAY: Sparring, 6 - 10 rounds @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
SATURDAY: Running/sprints, 30 min @ University of Toronto Athletics
SUNDAY: Rest day


═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment