ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, November 23, 2018

Looks Like I Am Going To Niagara Falls

    ENTRY 443


NIAGARA FALLS BOUND

To be totally honest with everyone, I wasn't expecting to get into the Golden Gloves this year. Although I was training for it, the back of my mind was telling me that it wasn't going to happen so it affected my training a bit. I probably could have put a bit more into it.
I didn't go to the Silver Gloves because I didn't have an opponent so I was expecting the same to happen with the Golden Gloves. 
I asked my coach to not to register me for the tournament unless there was an opponent for me. Sure enough, yesterday, a guy from Ajax registered.
It was odd because it was a higher weight class, but the coach put me in at that class anyway.


Suddenly, all the Masters came out of the woodwork.
That is a lot of Masters signed-up for the Golden Gloves.
Look at Middleweight. I think that is the first time I have seen more than two in the same category. There is going to be a bye in that category. Unusual for the Masters.

Oh and look, It's the triumphant return of Ian Smith.
Remember my buddy Ian from the Bronze Gloves?
I can't help but feel a bit sorry for that guy with zero bouts if he stepping into the ring versus Ian.

As for myself, I have one bout. I'm not sure what day it will be. I will find out on Monday.

I am ramping up training like crazy. 
Coach has me sparring like a madman. 10 rounds on Thursday and 10 rounds on Friday, and possibly at least one session next week.

This is also my very first time representing the Cabbagetown Boxing Club.
The pressure is on.

There will be no blog entry next week as I prepare for the Gloves, but I will keep everyone updated with Special Entries.



TRAINING SCHEDULE

Currently training 6 days a week, until November 26:

MONDAY: Swimming, 25 min @ University of Toronto Athletics 
TUESDAY: Technical Training and Sparring 90 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
WEDNESDAY: Core and Weight Training, 60 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club 
THURSDAY: Technical Training and Core Training 90 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
FRIDAY: Sparring, 6 - 10 rounds @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
SATURDAY: Running/sprints, 30 min @ University of Toronto Athletics
SUNDAY: Rest day

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment