ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, November 16, 2018

Thursday and Friday Sparring

    ENTRY 442


THURSDAY AND FRIDAY SPARRING 

I have started attending more morning sessions at Cabbagetown following advice from Coach.
He said that there would be more options for sparring in the morning as that is when most of the Masters are there. He wants me sparring a lot more.
I did four rounds on Thursday and ten rounds on Friday.
Keeping in mind that when I attend the morning sessions I go right after work. I have to carry my gear and work crap on the subway during rush hour from Finch West station down and east to Castle Frank station.
Being already tired and having to fight with the rush hour idiots and that is generally a 45-minute trip...of dealing with rush hour idiots.
Anyone who says Canadians are always polite has never ridden on public transit in Toronto during rush hour.
Anyway, one Friday after doing ten rounds, Coach said to me "That's it? What, out partying all night?"
Yeah. I wish I had time to party.  
He was joking of course. He knows I work the night shift. Still, to go in after working all night and be able to train for over an hour including sparring...Not bad. 

I am still officially training for the Golden Gloves although I don't know if I will be going. There may not be an opponent for me and plus the cost involved. I will have to take time off and also pay to stay in Niagara Falls.
I still don't understand why they are having it in Niagara Falls.



TRAINING SCHEDULE

Currently training 6 days a week, until November 26:

MONDAY: Swimming, 25 min @ University of Toronto Athletics 
TUESDAY: Technical Training and Sparring 90 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
WEDNESDAY: Core and Weight Training, 60 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club 
THURSDAY: Technical Training and Core Training 90 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
FRIDAY: Sparring, 6 - 10 rounds @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
SATURDAY: Running/sprints, 30 min @ University of Toronto Athletics
SUNDAY: Rest day

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment