ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, January 4, 2019

Congrats To Jennifer ~ Moving On Down

    ENTRY 447



CONGRATULATIONS TO JENNIFER

I would like to extend best wishes to Jennifer Huggins who is now the new head official for Boxing Ontario.
Although I was not a fan of her coaching back in the day, one thing that I liked about her was the "classroom" training. She always did one class where she would teach her boxers the rules of boxing. That is important and is one thing that I feel that more coaches should do.
Jennifer is very knowledgeable of the rules of boxing, so in this case Boxing Ontario made a good choice in selecting her as head official.

I look forward to working with her.


MOVING ON DOWN

The count down to the Brampton Cup is underway. 

I am working hard to not only make up for the month off but also I need to loose a bit of weight to get down to the lower weight category. I need to get back down to the 81 kg class.
I moved up a class for the Golden Gloves and that didn't work out well.
Every time I do that, I pay royally for it. You would think that eventually I would learn. 
I am currently at 83 kg, so I need to drop 2 kg or about 5 lbs. by weigh-in.

With my new work schedule, I can go into the gym every day. That doesn't mean I will but I am able to.
I am on my normal tournament training schedule of six times per week.
I will make sure to get a lot more sparring in as well. Very important.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

MASTERS BOXING ON REDDIT

No comments:

Post a Comment