ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, January 27, 2019

SPECIAL BRAMPTON CUP ENTRY: It's a Masters World

    SPECIAL ENTRY


IT'S A MASTERS WORLD AT THE BRAMPTON CUP

In all the years I have been boxing, I have never seen so many masters registered for a tournament.
12 masters in all with 5 in my weight class including myself are registered for next weekend's Brampton Cup.



I could potentially have three opponents and I know all of them.
William Kohler is from Detroit, and although older than I, he could be a very interesting and challenging opponent. As I always say, don't underestimate the older guys. 
David Cyrus used to train with me at Stockyards. I've sparred him a few times, so I know his style although things could have changed since then.
You all remember Jay Persad. I have already met him in the ring last April in Hamilton. That was when I screwed up really bad. This could be my chance to redeem myself.
John Marunchak will not be my opponent because he is out of age range.

I am, however, the most experienced of all, but we all know by now that means fuck all.

Another interesting point is that my club has three other masters all in the Super-Heavyweight class and any one of them could meet Dan Kizyma in the ring.
Dan was my opponent in the Golden Gloves and he was lighter at that time, but you all remember what happened there. 
However, I have sparred all of our masters. They are really strong guys, tough guys, hit hard, and have good technique.

Speaking of lighter, I need to get lighter. I am currently 2 kg over, so I need to cut, and I have one week to do it.
Not impossible.

I will be training and sparring Monday and Tuesday mornings and then two last technical and conditioning sessions on Wednesday and Thursday mornings, then...that's it. If I am not ready by then, I never will be.


═══════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

MASTERS BOXING ON REDDIT

No comments:

Post a Comment