ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, May 30, 2014

No Rest For the Wicked...Or 'The Brick'




** "The Brick" NEXT SCHEDULED BOUT: June 14 @ Padarewski Park / Master's Heavyweight Division **



Welcome to Entry 158.
In this entry, preparing for June 14, and
Platinum Liquidations makes this week's Stupidity Files.









No Rest For the Wicked... or 'The Brick'

Eight rounds of sparring this week.
Four on Monday and four on Wednesday.

On Wednesday, after two rounds, Junmar asked me if I wanted a break. I said, "Yes. I can take a break. Then he said. "You're not getting one."
Funny, Junmar. 

I have to say, I am really beginning to feel good while sparring.

I am also feeling better about my comeback match. 
Coach Richard has found an opponent for me.
My opponent is the same age and weight as I, so it will be a great bout.
His name is Leo "The Lion". 
Well, I don't know if his nickname is "The Lion", but it should be.

Interestingly, I have sparred him before.
He is a Southpaw. Crap.
Also, he throws this really weird overhand right. I don't even know how a Southpaw can throw an overhand right properly. I guess that explains why it is "weird".

At least sparring him, I know what to watch out for.

I hope I get to spar him again before the 14th.

I will keep all of you informed as to how to get tickets when they become available.







Liquidating Platinum Liquidations




As some of you may know, I have been very active in the online auction scene lately.
One of the first sites I bought from was Platinum Liquidations. They are located on Petrolia Road, near York University.

I went this morning to pick up this month's auction wins, and I was confronted by, for lack of a better word, an asshole. 

After buying many products from them, this guy at the desk complained that I was "too late" picking up the items. 

Well, duh, I am not going to take the bus all the way up there just to pick up one item. It takes almost a hour to get there, and another hour to come back. Of course, I am going to wait until I have multiple things to pick up.

Then he said in a snobby voice, "Well, if you pay online, you can have 30 days for pick up."
Great, if you show me how to pay cash online, I will.
I pay cash for everything. I don't have a credit card.

Then he said, "If you do that again, we are going to ban you from bidding"
Fuck you. I am a customer, and he is giving me attitude? 

Of course,  am going to do that again. What the hell else do they want me to do?
If they are going to lose a customer over something stupid, it is their loss. 

I don't care. I am not pleased with their 'tude, anyway.

Platinum Liquidations gets "3 Dunce-Caps" for being disrespectful to a customer.




NEXT SCHEDULED BOUT: JUNE 14 @ Padarewski Park

-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 0  / 1 
Weigh-in on May 23 / 2014 @ 84 kg / 187 lbs. {no change}
Last bout: September 21 / 2013 [Exhibition]
Next scheduled bout: June 14  / 2014 @ Padarewski Park
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, with sparring twice weekly
Coaches: R. Soucé, J, Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 68
Stance: Orthodox 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment