ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mister Kladnick's Turn




In this entry:

Sparring Kladnick, but not Oliver...










Mister Kladnick's Turn 

Sparring is getting weird lately.
I guess because it is summer, the regulars are not coming to spar.

Saturday morning sparring with Dharius again.
Richard likes it when I spar him.
I did 4 rounds.

Monday, I sparred 5 rounds with everyone.
The first two with Leo "The Cobra", one with Tom, and two others.

Richard was not in, so Junmar was conducting the sparring sessions.
He kept on telling me to hit harder. To " gain respect".
Well, the way I look at it is this: These are my teammates, so I should already have their respect.
However, if I was in a competitive match, then yes, I would need to strike my opponent very hard. 
I guess that is the point he was trying to make.

The problem was, I was worried about my nose getting hit too hard. My nose was still a bit sore, so I have been very careful to protect it.
I think that is a good thing, because it helps me improve defense. 

It looks like it is working, as nobody has hit my nose yet. I would certainly know if someone did.

Wednesday was really different.
Junmar had gone away on a vacation, so only Richard was in.
I went in for 6 PM, and there was nobody there for sparring, but Mr. Kladnick was there. Yes, I'm talking about Oliver's father.

Richard told him he should wait until Monday, because he was ready to leave, but Kladnick wanted to spar so badly, that he changed back into his gym clothes.

Rick said that Kladnick is "A bit of a heavy hitter". 
Oh, boy. That is like when the doctor says, "This will be a bit uncomfortable."

Well, he was right. He does hit hard, but couldn't hit the targets.
I was able to block everything the threw, because he was as slow as molasses in January. I could see his attacks coming around the corner.
He landed...zero...punches on me.


He also could not complete two rounds. He got tired half-way through round two, and Richards pulled him from the ring.

I'm not sure of his boxing history. I don't know for how long he has been boxing.

However, I have a new rule about commenting on other boxers: Except for the odd joke or sarcastic comment (You know that won't stop, but is all in good fun.), I will not comment on a guy's ability in the ring, unless I have trained with him (sparring). 
Also, any comments I make after sparring a man, is purely intended to be constructive.
Anybody, regardless of age or skill, who steps into the ring, and is willing to take a pounding, and give one, has balls, and for that, deserves respect.

In this case, although Oliver's dad is slow, I respect him for wanting to spar, and is not afraid to give or take a beating.
Thank you for the sparring session.


'The Brick' Is Sick :(

My physician has advised me to take some time off, due to a viral infection that is causing a painful swelling of my lymph nodes.
He wants me to rest.
Therefore, I will be away from the gyms for the next three days, to avoid spreading the virus to my colleagues. 


Stuff For Sale

I have unsold (new) auction items, and used household items for sale.
They will be posted here and on kijiji, soon.

  • Clothing, electronics, computer accessories, household goods and small appliances.




-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Weigh-in on July 11 / 2014 @ 86 kg / 189 lbs. {down}
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: N/A
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, sparring 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé
Trainer: Junmar Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 68
Stance: Orthodox 
Status: OFF (Sick), 3 days
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
TRAINING SCHEDULE

Thursday July 10    Bloor  FLR, CARDI  60 mins
Friday July 11    Bloor   CARDI, SHDBX, BAG  90 mins
Saturday July 12   Stockyards   TECH, SPAR  60 mins
Sunday July 13  Bloor  FLR, CARDI, RESIST   90 mins
Monday July 14    Stockyards   TECH, SPAR   60 mins
Tuesday July 15   Bloor   CARDI, BAG, SHDBX  90 mins
Wednesday July 16  Stockyards TECH, SPAR 60 mins  


----------------------------------------------------
SPARRING

SAT. 4 rounds, focus defense
MON. 5 rounds, focus defense
WED. 2 rounds, focus defense

--------------------------------------






1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy reading your blog, Paul.
    Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Would really like to spar with you some time.

    ReplyDelete