ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, July 3, 2014

'The Brick' 2




Welcome to Entry 164.

In this entry, meet "The Brick 2",
and,
the evil George Bell Arena, again,
and, 
a 30-day challenge, Can we keep stupidity at bay? 
plus,
something new, my training log,




Meet "The Brick 2"




MMA fighter Jimmy Flick, also uses the nickname "The Brick". 
He has not been fighting as long as I, that means he stole the name from me,
but I really can't complain, I stole the name from a furniture store!


TRAINING LOG, JUNE 26 - JULY 2

Something new I a trying, is keeping a training log. 

I will be publishing it here weekly. For my own reference, and for people who are interesting in how a competitive boxer trains.

I train one or twice daily, and spar two or three times per week.
I take only holidays off from the gym.

Thursday June 26 Evening  7:30-8:30 Bloor Fitness,  treadmill and floor
Friday June 27 Evening 7:30 - 8:30   Bloor Fitness,  treadmill, floor, bag

Saturday June 28 Morning 10:00 -11:00  Stockyards Boxing,  technical and sparring
Saturday June 28 Evening  9:00 - 10:00 Bloor Fitness,  treadmill and bag
Sunday June 29 Morning, 10:00 - 10:30 Crossways Pool, swimming
Sunday June 29 Evening  9:00 - 10:30  Bloor Fitness,  bag, shadow boxing, resistance
Monday June 30 Evening 6:00 - 7:30 Stockyards Boxing,  technical and sparring
Wednesday July 2 Morning 5:30 - 7:00  Bloor Fitness,  treadmill, bag, resistance
Wednesday July 2 Evening  8:00 - 9:00  Stockyards Boxing,  technical and sparring 


The Smelly Truth About George Bell Arena 

People sometimes wonder why I get frustrated.

Here is yet another example. Something that I have discussed before.

Something very simple. Taking a shower at the George Bell Arena.

This went great for the last year. We had access to change room 6, or we could use shower rooms that were not in use.

Here is the thing: This week they changed all the locks, including room 6, and are now locking all unused change rooms. 
That means, no access to showers for us.

Why? 
They are empty freaking change rooms.
I could understand if there were items being stored in them, and there was a risk of theft or damage, but...there is nothing in there!

I go right to work after Wednesday's sparring, so I'm I now supposed to go to  work without a shower, and smell like a gym for my whole shift?
That will go over well won't it?

Junmar said that these change rooms belong to "them".
Who is "them"?
These change rooms belong to the city of Toronto. Part of which I pay for.
I don't even like paying to have the damn ice surface open in the summer, but if I am forced to have to pay for the facilities, I am going to use them.
I don't care if anybody at the arena does not like it. They can squeeze mustard onto my wiener, and lick it off.

With that theory, that means the washroom belong to 'them" too, so are we going to start pissing on the floor?

It is stupid. It is only a freaking shower. Grow up.
I should not even have to mention this here.


The thing is the hockey players don't care if I use the shower. Why should they? They are actually a great bunch of guys.
It seems that the only intelligent ones here are the hockey players and boxers. The athletes.
So much for the "dumb jock" theory.

There just seems to be this constant stream of bullshit, and it only seems to happen in Southern Ontario.
Mississauga is the pussy capital, Toronto is the dick capital, and Hamilton is the ass capital.
Look at that. We have covered the entire lower body of both genders with just three cities.
When I go to Montreal, I never have any problems, and I am so relaxed.

When I was there in 2012, and I filmed the documentary "Seven Days In Montreal", I had 100% cooperation from everyone, including police.
They were happy that someone was there enjoying their city.
It is because people are so uptight here. 
People *live* in Montreal. 
Look at what happened when I tried to do a documentary about Toronto? City Hall got all bent out of shape about it.

It goes back to this whole thing with the showers at George Bell Arena. 
It is only a freaking shower, relax. I'm sure I could walk into an arena in Montreal and have no issues using a shower....because they don't care!

Just another stupid thing to annoy me, so...


A Challenge To All:

Can We Go One Month Without Pissing Off 'The Brick' ?

...Let's go one month, until August 1st, without any bullshit.


Can we go this long without any entries in the 'Stupidity Files', or any other complaining about Toronto, Mississauga, any business or web site?

Let's see.

However, I doubt it.


Stockyards' 3rd Anniversary--September

The date has not yet been announced, but Stockyards Boxing will be holding its 3rd Anniversary party in September.
The are scheduled exhibition matches. I will likely be part of it, and here is where the audience participation part of the blog comes in.
There is a survey to the top right of this panel. Please select who you think my next opponent should be.
There are 4 to chose from: 
  • "A guy from Mississauga"
  • "50 -Year Old Matt"
  • "Rematch with Leo 'The Cobra'"
  • "Someone else"
Please select, and whichever gets the most responses by the end of August, i will show it to Coach Richard, and we will go from there...







-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Weigh-in on June 30 / 2014 @ 86 kg / 190 lbs. {no change}
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: N/A
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, sparring 3 times weekly
Coaches: R. Soucé, J, Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 68
Stance: Orthodox 
Status: ACTIVE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Cheers.





'Nobody Beats The Brick'



No comments:

Post a Comment