ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

'The Brick' Takes A [short] Leave Of Absence From Boxing






In this entry:

-The Brick takes a mini-vacation from boxing.
-Oh where, oh where, can Bartor Road be ?
-Countdown to the big move.






Time Out

If you remember from my last post, I suffered a nasal trauma from sparring on Saturday.
It did not hurt, so I decided to spar again on Monday.
Well, it seems that guys like to punch my nose. Although, I was trying to protect it, I was nailed on the nose.
Since then, there has been a constant throbbing pain from the bottom of my nose to my upper jaw, and sometimes gives me a headache.

There is obviously some damage there, so in order to keep from irritating it, and possibly causing more damage, I am voluntarily extracting myself from contact boxing activities for five days.
That means no sparring until the Saturday morning session.

I will return to the Wednesday session next week, but at the earlier 6 PM session.
I will not be going to the 8 PM session any more for two reasons. One is that hardly anyone goes, and also that it is too late for when I am on night shift.

For the rest of this week, I will be training at Bloor Fitness only.


Looking For A Bartor

How long does it take to find a street in Toronto?
Exactly 83 minutes.
That is how long I walked yesterday to find the new location of the Auctionmaxx pickup location.
It used to be on Dixie Road near Courtneypark Drive, but they recently moved to 200 Bartor Road in Toronto.
This road is almost impossible to find, since it does not show up on the GPS.
The problem is that it is a service road for Highway 401, so the GPS will just show it as "Highway 401", and not as Bartor Road.
At least that is what Blackberry Maps shows, and I should have realized by now how "accurate" Blackberry Maps is.

To make a long story short, I found it after wandering around for almost an hour and a half, and was rewarded with a nice gift from the great people at Auctionmaxx.

www.auctionmaxx.com


Bye Bye Ontario, You Will Not Be Missed

It is just over 14 months to my big move to Montreal.

I have already started pricing apartments in the Westmount area.
I have seen some really nice two bedroom units for around $750.

The cost of living is much lower, and it is a much more fun place to live.

I will likely work in Cornwall, and live in Montreal. That way, I don't have to worry about improving my French. Although, I will be learning a lot of French up to that point.

I am hoping, if I am still with the company I am now, to transfer to their Cornwall facility.

I will be moving very little, as I will be starting a new life in Montreal.
I am starting to sell stuff now.

Look here in future posts for items up for sale.



-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Weigh-in on July 4 / 2014 @ 86 kg / 190 lbs. {no change}
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: N/A
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, sparring 3 times weekly
Coaches: R. Soucé, J, Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 68
Stance: Orthodox 
Status: VOLUNTARY SUSPENSION, 5 Days
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
TRAINING SCHEDULE

Thursday July 3    Bloor   FLR, SHDBX, CARDI  90 mins
Friday July 4         Bloor   CARDI, BAG  60 mins
Saturday July 5     Stockyards   TECH, SPAR  60 mins
Sunday July 6      Bloor    FLR, CARDI   60 mins
Monday July 7     Stockyards   TECH, SPAR   60 mins
Tuesday July 8     Bloor   CARDI, BAG, SHDBX  90 mins
Wednesday July 9  Bloor BAG, SHDBX, CARDI  60 mins


----------------------------------------------------








Cheers.
   


"NOBODY BEATS THE BRICK"


No comments:

Post a Comment