ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Offence Not Quite There

ENTRY 329



SPARRING REPORT: OFFENCE NOT QUITE WHERE I WANT IT

Sparred on Monday and Tuesday so far this week, and still trying to work on offence.

It is interesting that when someone thinks about a combat sport, the first thing to come to mind is offence.

Offence is actually the hardest part. It is the part that requires the most work.
Now that my defense is at a decent level, I realize how easy it is. I like being a defensive boxer. As a matter-of-fact, if I could win by just being on defense, I would. Unfortunately, as with any sport, you don't score points with defense.

I really have a lot of work to do on this offence.
As Coach Will puts it: Volume. Volume. Volume.


UNCONFIRMED OPPONENT FOR JUNE 25

Coach Richard is looking at a guy with eight bouts as an opponent for me for the next card.
That is more than I, but still novice division. Open division does not start until after 10 bouts.

Other than that, I really want to fight that guy from Kingston.

I also still want to rematch Phillip Gray. However, I have not heard anything of him. That last I heard was that he was not going to compete any more.
See. I made him quit.
"I've retired more men than Social Security".

Sorry.

====================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"








No comments:

Post a Comment