ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Skipping Like A Broken Record

ENTRY 170 


NEXT BOUT:  September 27 @ George Bell Arena  [Opponent TBA]


Skipping Like A Broken Record

Junmar gave me some crap on Tuesday, because I went in and started shadow boxing, and did not skip first. I did a warm up and stretch, but that was not good enough for him.
He said, "Why don't you skip?" "You are supposed to skip before shadow boxing."" You don't even know how, because you don't do it."
Well, Junmar, it is like this: I didn't feel like it.

I am not taking anything away from Junmar's abilities. He is a trainer, and he is doing his job.
I am just pissed off that I got caught not doing something I know I am supposed to be doing.
At the same time, I think it is a bit blunt of him to say I can't skip. I have been doing it for over 5 years. I think I can handle it.
Besides, I have never seen Junmar's 'buddy', "The Cobra", pick up a rope even once. 
How does he get away with it? 

Sparring Report, Monday and Thursday

Sparring this week on Monday and Thursday.

I sparred Leo "The Cobra" on Monday, and that guy is getting really good. 
He had me on the ropes six times, but for some really strange reason, I had absolutely no energy. 
I did not have the strength to push him off, or pivot around. It was as if I didn't care. Seriously, I could not get him away from me.
I think I may have still been feeling the affects of that virus I had last week that took me out of commission for a few days.
My physician prescribed some antibiotics, and since then I have been feeling better, and the swelling has gone down.

I felt better for sparring on Thursday. 
Richard threw me in for a few rounds with Phil.
Phil is the same size as I, but is a bit more experienced. 
That is a good thing, since you can learn from a more experienced sparring partner.

There will be no sparring on Monday, as Stockyards will be closed, so I will be training at Bloor Fitness.


Trae Bien

There is a "new" guy training with the Stockyards team right now. 
I am not sure where he is from. He seems like a really good boxer, and has been doing it for a while. 
I would actually like to spar him.
His name is Trae.

I don't usually stereotype, but I would like all of you to right now, picture in your mind -- a boxer.
You have the picture?
That's Trae.

Seriously. He looks exactly how most people imagine a boxer to look.

Anyway, I have not seen him for the past week. 
When he comes back, I am going to see about getting in a round or two with him.


The Honest Truth About Mississauga (Without Complaining)

I don't really want to dwell on the Mississauga problems too much, but last entry I went ballistic, and for good reason.
However, I have come to realize that the fact that Mississauga is stupid, is really not my problem.

You see, it does not matter to me where I spend my disposable income.
Mississauga is losing. I am not spending time there, thus, not spending money there, and that affects their economy and jobs. 
It also means that my friends, who also have disposable income, will probably not visit Mississauga either.

Pizza Pizza and MiWay are currently the only contacts I have with that city, so if my experience with the is poor, I will have bad feeling about that city,and thus not want to visit it.

Save the problems with Pizza Pizza, as that is a private company and they don't know any better. Even if that is the only Pizza Pizza with crappy service, it is the only one I deal with in Mississauga.

Interestingly, I did find a Denny's near where I work, at Courtneypark Drive and Hurontario Street. It is open 24/7.
If I find out they deliver, that will be it for Pizza Pizza.

Anyway, I can excuse Pizza Pizza, because --its Pizza Pizza-- and it is common knowledge that they are idiots.
However, I expect a lot more from Mississauga Transit.

City services should treat visitors with respect.
How do they know? I doesn't matter. They should be treating everyone with respect.
That is customer service.

Customers can do anything they want, and will complain when they see fit. If you are in a customer-facing position, such as a bus driver, you are going to get complaints. Live with it.

I did customer service for 10 years. 
Customer service people don't get paid enough to really care. They are paid to 'pretend' to care.

The problem is that Mississauga does not do a very good job of pretending.

You can't be blaming your problems on everything else. As far as the customer is concerned, if something happens, it is your fault.

If a bus is late for example, customers don't want to hear about construction or traffic or weather, or whatever. How do we know that the bus driver did not pull over and have a nap? We don't know that.
If someone complains about a bus being late, even if it is to the driver, live with it. Don't complain, don't call an inspector, don't give excuses, and don't blame someone else.
You answer, "I'm sorry about that." Even if you are not.

That's all. 


An "Unexpected" Rogers Upgrade

Speaking of poor customer service...Rogers....

They are "upgrading" my Internet service. For no apparent reason. 

I will be getting an upload speed of 10 M/s, and a download speed of 40 M/s, plus a total of 320 GB of bandwidth per month.

I think the bandwidth cap is crap. Its not as if it costs Rogers any more to offer unlimited.
However, those speeds are looking good.

I was told by Rogers "customer service" that it would only cost an extra two dollars. 
Yeah.
I was also told that my Blackberry hardware upgrade was going to cost $66.
That $66 ended up being $112, due to taxes and service fees.
There it is....Service fees. I knew that was coming.

Therefore, this extra two dollars for the Internet, I know will work out to about $20, by the time Rogers works in their "service fees".

I don't pay much attention to Rogers any more when they tell me how much something is going to cost, because it always ends up costing much more.

By the way, that crappy Q5 Blackberry is pissing me off. 
For some reason, the native applications are freezing. Such as the phone.
After I accept or make a call, it freezes, and I can not exit the application. I have to shut down and restart, and that takes about 25 minutes.
Yes. Every time there is a phone call.
The clock application does the same, and there does not seem to be a fix for it.

Also, that touch-screen is garbage. Sometimes it responds to quickly, sometimes too slowly, and most often, not at all.

The next time I work the gatehouse, I am going to throw it under a truck.

If you are on the road, and see a Canada Cartage truck with Blackberry parts hanging off the wheel, you will know what happened.




-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Weigh-in on August 1 / 2014 @ 86 kg / 189 lbs. {no change}
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: September 27 @ George Bell Arena
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, sparring 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé
Trainer: Junmar Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 66
Stance: Orthodox 
Status:  ACTIVE
--------------------------------------------------
TRAINING 

Thursday July 24   Stockyards  TECH,SPAR 60 mins 
Friday July 25   Bloor  CARDI, FLR  90 mins
Saturday July 26  Bloor  CARDI, BAG  90 mins
Sunday July 27  Bloor  FLR, CARDI, RESIST   90 mins
Monday July 28 Stockyards TECH, SPAR  60 mins
Tuesday July 29   Stockyards  SHDBX, BAG, 60 mins
Wednesday July 30  Stockyards TECH,BAG 60 mins
Thursday July 31  Stockyards TECH,SPAR 60 mins 
----------------------------------------------------
SPARRING

MONDAY 3 rds. Focus Footwork 
THURSDAY 3 rds.  Focus Counter-Offence
--------------------------------------


CHEERS !

No comments:

Post a Comment