ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, August 15, 2014

Big Brother Is Back

ENTRY 192

NEXT BOUT: September 27 @ George Bell Arena, vs. Leo Ronin [rematch] (tentative) 



MONDAY AND THURSDAY SPARRING

Four rounds on Monday.
Focusing on offense right now.
Richard wants me to work on my hooks and uppercuts.

Three rounds on Thursday with Mark. 
Junmar wanted me to do more, but I had to leave to get ready for work.
Mark came in as I was leaving, and wanted to spar. Although, he had not been around all summer.

I have been noticing a steady increase in my performance over the summer, compared to other guys on the team.
That goes without saying, since I am practically living at the gym.

That being said...


JUNMAR'S MILD FREAK-OUT

On Tuesday, Junmar caught me 'cheating' at my training.
I was stopping before the end of the round, on the Yellow light.
He said to me, "The round ends on Red, not Yellow. Do you want to win? If you are not ready, we are not putting you on the card."

I can understand why he is doing it, but he knows full well that he can't say 
shit.
I am the most dedicated boxer on the team right now.
From what I have observed, I am the only one showing up 3 or 4 times a week all summer.

I am taking this very seriously.

If they put Ronin on the card, they have to put me.
Leo does fuck all. He only goes in once a week. Does a couple rounds of shadow boxing with light dumbells, and maybe spar a couple rounds, and calls it a big Goddamn deal.
I have never seen him pick up a rope, or even hit the bag.

Junmar knows I work hard.
He is just doing what every good trainer does. 
Sometimes athletes need a kick in the butt.
All athletes, all sports.

I know him enough to understand what he is doing.
If he didn't care, he would not say anything. He wants his athletes to be successful.







Okay, here is something very creepy.

I found out that the City of Mississauga is tracking people who use their public transit system, MiWay.

It is interesting that these people (MiWay), just happen to know when and where I am on their system at any time.

How else can you explain that magical appearance by you friendly neighbourhood Transit Enforcement last week at Islington? 
How the hell did he know that I would be at that platform, at that terminal, at that time?

Also MiWay "customer service" always seems to know exactly which buses I take, and at what time.
How could they possibly know that if I didn't tell them?

They have cameras, they also have my name phone number and address through contact with "customer service".

Even calling their automated service, they can collect your number, and they can see you calling on the camera. They now have a face to match the phone number.

I am not one of those "Conspiracy Theory" nutjobs, but they are collecting personal information, and using cameras to track people without permission.

I can understand them wanting to track the usage of their system, but as a general usage. Not an individual. It is unethical and against the law. That is a violation of the Privacy Act.

It is quite possible that their intentions are harmless, but that is not the point. 
They should not be doing it. 

The city of Mississauga is just as bad if they know about it and are allowing it, and if they don't know this is happening, they should. 


Therefore, as far as I am concerned, Mississauga does not exist. That space between Toronto, Oakville and Brampton is just a void waiting to be filled. 

I am no longer using Mississauga Transhit. I am using Brampton Transit, which is actually pretty good.

It is not that difficult, and takes the same amount of time, despite having to take an additional bus.
I go to Kipling station, and take the 191 Highway 27 Express to Humber College, which takes 20 minutes. I then wait 5 minutes for the Brampton Number 11 Steeles, and take that to Kennedy Road, which takes 25 minutes, then I wait about 10 minutes for a southbound Number 7 Brampton bus, which drops me off right in front of work, in about 5 minutes. With Mississauga, I had to walk 10 minutes from Courtneypark Drive.

The service is better than MiWay, too. 
Buses on most routes are every 7 - 10 minutes during rush hour, and are actually on time. The drivers are friendly, and I have yet to find an asshole on a Brampton bus.
Another thing, they have heated shelters. Although we don't need it now, it will come in handy in a few months when we return to the minus forty's.

Although none of this is saying much, since it is known that Mississauga has the worst transit system in Ontario. Brampton Transit has come a long way the last few years. Where Mississauga Transit has been getting worse.

Mississauga claims that MiWay has an 82% customer satisfaction.
That means squat. 
They only survey people whom they know will give a good review.

Its true. They were conducting a survey on a bus, and I was the only one she didn't ask.
They never ask me, because they know I will give them a bad review.
For example, if 1000 people don't like the service, and 100 people do. Then, they only survey the 100 who they know like the service, they will have a 100% satisfaction.
Big deal. That means nothing.
That is another stunt they pull. 

Brampton does not have cameras, and they currently are  not conducting surveys.

Who knows? Brampton may be a city I visit more often. 
Actually, I think I will.

Mississauga's loss, is Brampton's gain.

Mississauga...We Really Suck.


-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Weigh-in on August 8 / 2014 @ 86 kg / 189 lbs. {no change}
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: September 27 @ George Bell Arena
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, sparring 2 - 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé
Trainer: Junmar Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 66
Stance: Orthodox 
Status:  ACTIVE
--------------------------------------------------
TRAINING 

Friday Aug. 8   Bloor  CARDI, BAG, FLR  90 mins
Saturday Aug. 9  Bloor  CARDI, BAG  90 mins
Sunday Aug. 10  Bloor  FLR, CARDI, RESIST   90 mins
Monday Aug. 11 Bloor  CARDI, RESTIST  60 mins
Tuesday Aug. 12   Stockyards  TECH, SPAR 60 mins
Wednesday Aug. 13  Bloor  BAG, CARDI  60 mins
Thursday Aug. 14  Stockyards SHDBX, SPAR, BAG
90 mins 
----------------------------------------------------
SPARRING

MONDAY  4 rds.  Focus Offense 
THURSDAY 3 rds. Focus Offense
-------------------------------------




CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment