ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, August 29, 2014

Taking A Short Vaca !

ENTRY 194

NEXT BOUT: September 27 @ George Bell Arena, vs. "Matt" 


TAKING A VACA

I have been training very hard lately, and have not had a lot of time to enjoy summer. Not that this has been a great summer for weather.
I have decided to take a few days off from the gym. Just because...
I did not go to any gym on Wednesday or Thursday, and will not go on Friday.
Richard asked me to come in for sparring on Saturday morning. 
That will be the next time I go in.

After that, no more time off, as I have to prepare for September 27.


MONDAY SPARRING

Monday, I sparred four rounds in a row.
Richard wanted me to focus on attacking from the inside.
This is a tactic Richard likes his boxers to use against guys with longer reach.

Inside attack is hard, because your instinct is to not want to get too close.
I think I mentioned before, one of the things that makes boxing difficult is that you have to ignore your basic instincts.


UPGRADED INTERNET AND TV SERVICES...WOW?

I was finally able to pick up my new modem and TV receiver from Rogers.

I have to say, I am impressed with the Internet service.
I can now download an entire album from iTunes in 14 seconds, and a movie in just under 3 minutes.
Yeah, the service is great while it is working. I mean, it's Rogers, so you know it won't last.

Included with the modem was a "Terms Of Service" guide.
You know how fast that ended up in the Recycle bin?
I am the customer. The only Terms Of Service that matter, are mine.

They also gave me a Nextbox 3 for the TV.
It is a piece of crap. It is smaller, and only has one set of audio outputs.
The other once had two sets. 
I could feed the TV and DVD recorder.
Now I have to "Y-off" to feed both components.
It is not recommended to do that, as Y-cords are parallel connections, and therefore will decrease the output impedance, which will affect your signal-to-noise ratio and frequency response curve.
I am going to have to get a distribution amplifier.

Maybe they will have one at the online action...

Welcome to a new column on this blog:



This is 'Auction Finds', a segment that has been transferred from "Videos From the Blue Corner".
Here I will share with you my action wins from Auctionmaxx and other online auctions.

Here are the latest finds:


This kitchen scale has an additional feature where you can type in a code, and get extended nutritional information, such as calories.
Sells retail for $40. I paid $16. 




Title boxing equipment bag. Sells retail for $50. I paid $18.



A lot of 30 headset/microphones. Normally sell for $10 each. I paid $9 for the lot.

Anyone need a headset? I have a few.




-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Weigh-in on August 22 / 2014 @ 85 kg / 188 lbs. {no change}
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: September 27 @ George Bell Arena
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, sparring 2 - 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé
Trainer: Junmar Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 66
Stance: Orthodox 
Status:  ACTIVE
--------------------------------------------------
TRAINING 

Friday Aug. 22   Bloor  CARDI, BAG 60 mins
Saturday Aug. 23  Bloor  CARDI, BAG, FLR  90 mins
Sunday Aug. 24  Bloor  FLR, CARDI, RESIST   90 mins
Monday Aug. 25 Stockyards TECH ,SPAR 60 mins
Tuesday Aug. 26 Bloor  CARDI  60 min
Wednesday Aug. 27  [off[
Thursday Aug. 28 [off] 
----------------------------------------------------
SPARRING

MONDAY  4 rds.  Focus Inside-offence

-------------------------------------

CHEERS!  Nobody beats 'The Brick'!

No comments:

Post a Comment