ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, May 23, 2015

What's Next For 'The Brick'?

ENTRY 235





TUESDAY: 4 rounds, focus on offense
WEDNESDAY: 3 rounds, focus on offence
THURSDAY: 4 rounds, focus on defense 

WEEK TOTAL: 11 rounds



SUNDAY: Cardio, resistance training, 60 minutes
MONDAY: Cardio, shadow boxing, bag, 60 minutes 
TUESDAY:Sparring, shadow boxing, bag,  75 minutes
WEDNESDAY: Sparring, shadow boxing, bag  90 minutes
THURSDAY: Sparring, technical training, bag, 75 minutes
FRIDAY: Cardio, resistance training 60 minutes

WEEK TOTAL:  420 minutes

Training schedule: Fri. Sun (Bloor), Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs (Stockyards). Sat. (Blog update)

======================================

The 100-Years Auction

I would like to start this week`s entry with an "auction oopsie".
Here is a rare mistake I saw at auctionmaxx.com.
It really points out the need for proofreading.




Your grandchildren could bid on this. Although, I'm not sure how much these would be worth 100 years from now.

As of the publishing of this entry, this has still not been fixed.
See the actual listing here:
3M-WIDESCREEN-PRIVACY-FILTER-GREY


Farewell To Liberty Plaza

Such as is security, that very often, you do not stay at the same place for long.
After just six months, I am being moved away from Liberty Plaze at 865 York Mills Road.
I do not know where I will be going, but will likely find out on Monday.
I will be keeping my weekend shifts at Bathurst and St. Clair, for now anyway.

I would now like to pay tribute to my home-away-from-home for the past six months.







The crappy security office in the basement.



During my last hour, a 95E York Mills Express broke down right in front of the plaza. 
How symbolic.



Good bye, Liberty Plaza.


What's Next For 'The Brick'?

I did not get a call about an opponent in Brantford.
I was on standby for that card.

Richard has not announced a card for June, so I am not sure if Stockyards will be having one.
However, Gideon is hosting a card in June, if not Stockyards.
Hopefully I can get at least one bout in before the summer, and a couple in the fall.

I train very hard. 
I am at the boxing gym four times a week, and I do cardio and weight training at another gym at least twice a week. If anyone deserves the right to compete, it is I.

It pisses me off. There are guys out there who are in my class and category, but won't compete.
I've mentioned this before.
Why the hell are you spending time at a boxing gym, if you are not going to compete?
At least give it a try.





"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 

WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  181 lbs / 82 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  130 - 134 
HR stressed, after sparring  134 - 138 





                                                                          
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: N/A
Training schedule: Fri, Sun (Bloor), Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs (Stockyards).  Sparring 2 - 3 times weekly.
Coach: Richard SoucĂ©  / Trainer: Junmar Emon
----------------------------------------------------







THE BRICK'S LINKS


OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST

Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario




Mississauaga

No comments:

Post a Comment