ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Pointers From the Coach: Outside-In

ENTRY 252



Sparring Report and Pointers From Coaches

I did a lot of hard sparring this past week.
12 rounds in total.
It was hard due to the fact that my technique is getting more aggressive, and also the fact that it has been about 800 degrees in the boxing gym.

Richard wants me to work on in-fighting.
That is being close to my opponent, and using mostly hooks and uppercuts as attacks.

Will wants me to practice my overhand right as an attack.
That is an out-fighting attack. You can not throw an overhand right from the inside.

I like my overhand right. 
At the same time what Richard is saying makes sense too.
In-fighting attack works better against guys with a long reach.
I have short-ass arms, compared to most other boxers.
Therefore, I need to get under their long arms, and attack from inside.
However, I need to get inside first.
That is where the overhand right will work. Jab the body, then come over with an overhand right. Duck under and in, then attack the body with hooks.
Good strategy.
Let's see if it actually works in the ring.

Coach Richard also said that I need to throw more. I have to be able to win by attacking a lot, since I don't have power.
This is again Richard not understanding me. I do have power, but I chose not to use it while sparring.
Believe me, if I really wanted to, I could really knock a guy right the 'F' out.

He also again mentioned how hard I work at the boxing gym. 
We are both looking for a decent opponent for me for the next show on October 10, and for the show after that on November 21.

I want a least two matches before the end of the year.

Bloor Fitness will also be hosting a couple of shows before the end of the year. I wonder if I could get on one of theirs?
It is not likely, due to the "rivalry" between Bloor and Stockyards. If I did compete on a Bloor card, I could not do it while representing Stockyards.
I know damn well that would create a huge problem, and the last thing I need is more drama in my life. I live in a virtual soap opera as it is.


Voting Almost Over

Please vote in the poll at the upper right of this entry, about your favourite part of this blog, or leave a comment.
Less than a week left on the poll, but you may leave a comment at any time.
I can't improve this column without knowing where I need to improve.






STOCKYARDS BOXING GYM

OCTOBER 10, Tickets available soon, card TBA

NOVEMBER 21, Scheduled, TBA

BLOOR STREET FITNESS

OCTOBER 3, Tickets available soon, card TBA




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Comments From the Blue Corner" is published twice a week, on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"The Brick" is looking for opponents for October 10 and November 21 at George Bell Arena in Toronto.
If you are a registered Master, in Novice Division, 81 kg Class, and want to take on "The Brick", contact myself or Coach Richard Soucé at Stockyards Boxing.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  180 lbs / 81 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  128 - 130 
HR stressed, after sparring  132 - 138 




                                                                         
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: October 10
Training schedule: Under Review
Coach: Richard SoucĂ© 
----------------------------------------------------




THE BRICK'S LINKS

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST


Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario
Masters Division Boxing Site dedicated to boxers over age 35.

TORONTO BOXING GYMS

Atlas Boxing Club   (north)



No comments:

Post a Comment