ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hope and Siberia

ENTRY 247


August At the 'Yards

Well, another month is starting at Stockyards, but this month will be a bit different.
Richard will be going away, and will therefore not be around the gym as often.
In a way, that is good. I will be able to train without any of his "Too old" comments.

When September comes along, the challenge will be to see if he can find me a bout. Actually two, before the end of the year.
If he can not, I will be seriously considering working with a new coach.

I am still looking, and I am really intrigued by the Siberia Boxing Club. I am still going to be going there to talk to the coach. 
There is something that sparks my interest about that gym. 
I'm going to take a look, possibly some time this week.


"Southpaw" Review

It is not often that I do a film review, but them again, it is not that often that I go to see new films.
Yesterday, I saw "Southpaw".

I have to say that it was a very good film. It was actually better than I expected.
I will make this review very short by saying, the best way to describe this film is a modern version of "Rocky". Actually, if you put all the Rocky films into one, this is it.
Rocky, although a very likable character, I never really felt sorry for him. 
The main character in this film, Billy Hope, is one who I actually began to feel for him. As his life crumbled around him, I began to feel his emotions.
That is the sign of a good drama. When the audience cares about the characters.
8 / 10

Could Billy Hope be the next Rocky?

I Hope.



"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  180 lbs / 81 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  128 - 130 
HR stressed, after sparring  132 - 138 




                                                                         
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: N/A
Training schedule: Under Review
Coaches: Under Review
----------------------------------------------------




THE BRICK'S LINKS

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST


Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario
Masters Division Boxing Site dedicated to boxers over age 35.

TORONTO BOXING GYMS

Atlas Boxing Club   (north)



No comments:

Post a Comment