ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Should I Stay Or Should I Go ?

 ENTRY 351


SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO ? (BOXING ONTARIO)

Apparently.I am suspended by Boxing Ontario until the end of this year.
However, I may be able to re-apply for 2017.
Although, I am quite happy will the OBA.
If I am not allowed to train at a Boxing Ontario gym for the rest of the year, I want to be refunded the balance of the fee I payed to Boxing Ontario. Captain Obvious.

I am still not even sure if I will try Boxing Ontario again, or stay with the Ontario Boxing Association for 2017.

So far the OBA and WBC have been great and Brock Arthur has been a really good coach, but is it too soon to tell?

Brock has a bout lined up for December, and is trying to get me on his local card in October.

If I can get on October's card as well, that will have given me three bouts in a five month period, compared to the one I had previously through Richard's gym.
Part of the reason for this is the fact that Brock and the OBA officials are not as hard-assed about getting opponents.
As I mentioned in a previous entry, it is about getting the athletes to compete.
This is amateur boxing. It is about getting in there and testing your skills.
It is not always about winning. Although winning is nice.

Of course athletes train to win, but at the amateur level it is not as if you get paid for winning. Have some fun with it. Test yourself, and learn from your mistakes.

My question is, what does the future hold?

I still have over three months with the OBA, so I will just go with it and see what happens.

In the meantime I will be on the lookout for more opponents.

As a footnote, I have a friend in Kingston in Masters division who is looking for someone to box in Kingston in October, as this will be his last bout (He is retiring from boxing). I can't box him because he is sanctioned by Boxing Ontario.
If you are registered with Boxing Ontario, and interested in a match in Kingston on October 20 with a Master, let me know and I will forward it to him.


======================================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

===============================================================

'The Brick' is proud to be a member of
http://www.ontarioboxing.ca/


'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Saturday

--and--


2285 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN LIVE--Link on the right --->
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment