ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Stockyards Anniversary and Durham Boxing Card Soon

 ENTRY 352


SPARRING REPORT, LOTS OF SPARRING

There was a lot of sparring this week. 
I did 7 rounds on Saturday morning and 6 rounds on Thursday.

One thing about Coach Brock is that he is really big on sparring, but sparring with a specific purpose.
He will tell you something to work on, and watch you to make sure you do it properly.
That is a good coach.


STOCKYARDS 5th ANNIVERSARY AND DURHAM BOXING SHOW

On October 1, Stockyards will be having its 5th Anniversary show and after-party.
I have been invited, and if I am not working, I will be attending.
I will also be recording the boxing for Metropolis TV.

On October 28, Durham Boxing Academy will be hosting a card at their St. Clair West location.
The card has not been officially announced, but I will post it here once I know.
Hopefully, I will be on the card. If not, I still have a confirmed bout in Hamilton at Mohawk College on December 10.

I invite everyone in the community to come out to both shows and help support amateur sport in the Stockyards community.


'THE BRICK' SAYS GOODBYE TO DOWNTOWN

The security company I work for has found me a new building, after several temporary placements.
To my pleasant surprise, it was not a downtown location.
To be honest, I was getting sick and freaking tired of working downtown. It was very stressful.
My new location is at a new condo near Islington subway station.
The building was finished just about a year ago.
Not only is it not downtown, but it takes only about 20 minutes to get there from where I live.


CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH

I went for my annual check-up last month, and got the results from my physician last week.

Great news. Both my blood and urine tests have turned up negative.
My ECG was normal (for a 30 year-old).
This just goes to prove the importance of regular exercise and a decent diet.
Even at my age, diet and exercise are the cures for everything.


'THE BRICK' INVITED TO "CANDID CONVERSATIONS"

A friend of mine, Cliff T., hosts a blog called "Candid Conversations".
He has invited me to an interview for the 7th Anniversary of his blog.
I am not sure what we are going to talk about, but I thank him very much for the invitation.
Once that blog entry is posted there will be a link here.

======================================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

===============================================================

'The Brick' is proud to be a member of
http://www.ontarioboxing.ca/


'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Saturday

--and--


2285 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN LIVE--Link on the right --->
---------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment