ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Welcome 2017 !!!



ENTRY 379


Welcome to a new year, and a whole new beginning for 'The Brick'.
I am not going to recap 2016 because it was a crap year, and I can't change it anyway.
All I can do is look forward to what will be happening this year.


2017.
This is the year I make a comeback.
This is the year I win every bout.
This is the year I kick butt all around the ring in the Golden Gloves.
This is the year that could possibly be my last year in the ring as a boxer.
This is the year I make my mark.

My goal this year: Enter at least one tournament, and compete four times preferably at least once at my home gym. I would also like to participate an an exhibition, although there will be plenty of time for that after retirement.

One difference this year is that I will be taking you along.

Not just through this blog, but alternating with this entry will be a weekly video documenting the best parts of my week, but not just the boxing.
I invite you all to watch 'Another Brick In the Sprawl' weekly vlog on YouTube.



Links to the vlog archives are below.

Training for the Golden Gloves will begin immediately after my suspension expires.
About one more month. January is already a slow boring month for me, this will make it even worse.

Although, the wife does not want me to try for the Golden Gloves, but you all know that when I have a goal...that's it.

I will be trying for the Golden Gloves this year. Even though I was thinking about not. If I don't that will mean that I have quit, and I don't do that.

You all know the saying, "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."
That is what I am now, stronger.

As I mentioned before, there is a possibility that I could draw S.T. in the prelims, but that could be a good thing.

Few boxers, at amateur level, get to rematch. rematching is a very good thing. It is easier to deal with an opponent you know than one you don't.
There is no way I am going to fall for the same stunt again.
I know there were some things I could have done, but I didn't. 

I had a reason for that, and I don't wish to discuss it.




Anyway, I am suspended from training right now, but the countdown is on.


I plan on preparing for the Gloves like crazy. I can take it easy now, and I am enjoying the rest.


To be honest the suspension does not really bother me that much right now.

However, it might start bothering me later in the month. Although, I understand why it was done.
I fear getting 'rusty' and having to take so much time to catch up, but after a good rest I will be ready to go again. 
Refresh.

Changes for 2017:
"Comments From the Blue Corner" blog will be weekly and posted sometime during the weekend. 
It will be alternating with the "Another Brick In the Sprawl" vlog which will be on YouTube sometime during the week, generally on Wednesday. 

Links to vlog entries are here:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'ANOTHER BRICK IN THE SPRAWL' VLOG ARCHIVE  
=================================================================
ENTRY 001  JANUARY 4 2017   "Another Brick In the Sprawl, pt. 2"   
ENTRY 002   TBA
ENTRY 003   TBA
ENTRY 004   TBA
ENTRY 005   TBA

=======================================================+=======


===============================================================

'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday and Thursday, some Wednesdays

--and--

2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday and Saturday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN LIVE--Link on the right --->
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment