ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Talking To My Former Coaches Ignited My Fuse


ENTRY 383


TALKING TO MY 'OLD' COACHES

This past Saturday, Stockyards Boxing hosted 'Fight Night XXXI'.
I was there to cover the card for Metropolis TV. The bouts will be available for viewing by the end of the week. 
It was an exciting card with five great bouts.

While I was there, two of my former coaches stopped by to talk to me.
Will and Matt were asking about my training.

Will wanted to know when I was returning to Stockyards.
I told him that I was not returning because I liked my new gym. 
Thinking now, I probably should have been a bit more discreet about that. I am thinking back that I may have sounded a bit blunt.
However, you all know the story behind that already.

Matt offered to help train me for the Golden Gloves.
I will have to check with Coach Brock on that one. Some coaches do not like that. 
Although, I don't think that a little additional help could hurt.

It was interesting what Matt said though. He told me that in his opinion I am not mean enough in the ring.
That is interesting because I have noticed that about myself for a while. I have also mentioned it here.

Matt said that I need to be angry when I enter the ring to compete.




Yes. Like that.

I am angry at all other times, so why not in the ring as well?

I need to really start 'bringing it' more.
If I have to hurt a guy to win, well, so, that's it. Combat sport. Live with it.

If anything, my last bout taught me that more than anything.

That's it. Time to turn it on. 
February 8 is the last day of my suspension. After that...

A whole new 'Brick' is on the horizon.

Technique is important, but not all other boxers and coaches feel that way. Some just want to go for the quick knockout...

"...A man confronts you...he is the enemy...and the enemy deserves no mercy..."


Done.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'ANOTHER BRICK IN THE SPRAWL' VLOG ARCHIVE  
=================================================================
ENTRY 001  JANUARY 4 2017   "Another Brick In the Sprawl, pt. 2"   
ENTRY 002  JANUARY 11 2017  "Crappy Computers and Electronics"
ENTRY 003  JANUARY 18 2017  "I Listen To Weird Music?"
ENTRY 004  JANUARY 26 2017  "Why You Should Not Lease From EasyHome"
ENTRY 005  FEBRUARY 1 2017
ENTRY 006   TBA
ENTRY 007   TBA


=======================================================+=======



===============================================================

'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday and Thursday, some Saturdays

--and--

2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN LIVE--Link on the right --->
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment