ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, March 24, 2023

Let's Do the Time Warp Again

 

   ENTRY 491 | March 24 /2023


IT'S JUST A STEP TO THE RIGHT

Coach Johnny had me once again work on the "Step Right" move during sparring.
I like that move a lot. He also had me work on the jab because I apparently don't use it enough. I think I jabbed my arm right off this week.

I sparred a total of 11 rounds this week, which aligns with my goals. 
On Wednesday, I sparred with a new guy. It was his first time in the ring.  At one point I clocked him really well with a straight right to the jaw. I know how intimidating it is to spar for the first time and it was not my intention to do that. I saw an opening and I instinctively went for it. 
He returned on Friday but left just before sparring started. I guess he didn't want any more of 'The Brick'.

The morning class with Coach Johnny is getting really busy. We had a record of 11 participants on Friday.  That's good and Johnny is a good coach. One of the best I have had. All of the coaches at Cabbagetown are good but I seem to have some kind of an athlete-to-coach rapport with him that I don't seem to have with other coaches. It doesn't;t mean that other coaches are not good, it just means...well, I really don't know, but Jonny and I get along really well and I appreciate his help.


IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

On March 29 I will be getting a year older and thus a year closer to death but that isn't going to stop me. 
I'm still fast in the ring.  
Catch me if you can.



NEXT ENTRY: March 31 /2023


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter (@paulbrickboxer)  and Mastodon (Paul'TheBrick'boxer), and see me tear apart inaccurate films and TV about boxing on YouTube at "The Brick"
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer and has been training for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
73 kg (162 lbs.) 

STATUS:
ACTIVE

STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

 


No comments:

Post a Comment