ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, December 19, 2015

A Break For 'The Brick'

ENTRY 285


Sparring Report: What  Is Sparring? I Can Vaguely Remember It

It turned out that I did not get to do any sparring this week.
That is really bad.
I have a lot of practise to do for the Brampton Cup.
I think it is going to be like this until January. It is understandable that people are busy for the holidays.
Let's get back into it in January !


Brampton Cup Training Update: A Small Break For "The Brick"

One more day left to train with Will this year, Sunday. After that, he will be gone until January.
I have also decided that I do not want to burn out too soon, and I also want to enjoy the holidays. Therefore, I will be off completely from December 24 until January 3, inclusive.
That means, no gym and no blog entries. Basically, a week where I can take a little break and not think about boxing.
I deserve it.
However, as of January 4, that's it. That party will be over.


The 30 Pound Bomb

Richard has informed me that he wants me to drop to 160 for the Brampton Cup.
That is a lot.
He makes a good point. He wants me to be more agile. 
I admit, I should not be in Heavyweight division.
As I said, after the holidays, I am going to start a strict diet and train daily.

I will drop some weight, and that will mean that beating the shit out of Andy will be out, unless he drops as well.
That's okay. There will be other opponents to pound the crap out of.


Out of the Red, and Into the....Blue?

Not really boxing related, but still part of my crappy life.

I had finally lost it with Rogers.
Once again, they have made an error with billing. That is three times in a year.
They claim to have not received a payment for their crappy services in over three months, and have now disconnected the services.

On Friday, the wife and I were in St. Catherines to visit someone, and in the process we stopped at the Pen Centre.
We were going to go into the Rogers store to tell them off, but right across the hall was a Bell store. We went in there instead, just to find out what they could offer.

After talking with the salesperson for a while, he was able to offer us the exact same as we were getting from Rogers for half of what we were paying.
It is a really great deal: Two mobile devices with unlimited Canada-wide calling. home phone service with voice mail and call ID, unlimited Internet with 50 MB down / 10 MB up, and fibre TV service with 195 channels plus the sports package including the Fight Network. That was the same as we were getting from the Red Company, but at $150 less.
Plus, we both got a Samsung S6 Edge for free. She got a silver one, and I got a black one, so we could tell them apart.
Yes, after over 10 years as a loyal Blackberry customer, I have decided to not get a Blackberry again. After that piece of shit Q5, never again.

It took me a while to get used to the Android operating system, and a while longer to connect my gmail account. However, it is all working now.

Bell will be coming in on Tuesday to install the TV and Internet services. The mobile phones are already working.
The problem was that Rogers had refused to port the cell numbers, so we both had to get new ones.
That is a violation of CRTC policy. Cell phone providers in Canada are not allowed to refuse porting, so Rogers is in big crap.
I will be sending a complaint to Rogers CEO, and I plan on using that as leverage.
I wasn't born yesterday. 
When are people going to learn? Don't screw with "The Brick".

I was surprised that the wife agreed to drop Rogers. I have been trying to convince her for months. 

Women. Sometimes it takes them a while to clue into reality.
Seriously. 
We are talking about the gender who believes that 'reality' TV is actually real.

...and if you think that is a sexist statement, remember women-only fitness clubs?
Those are --unfortunately-- still around.
...so, bite me.


======================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================




"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:








REGISTRATION DUE: January 1




"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto

THIS GYM IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW
OTHER GYMS BEING CONSIDERED:
SULLY'S, SIBERIA, CABBAGETOWN


"The Brick"
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment