ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

...As Tumbleweeds Roll Through Stockyards

ENTRY 286


...AS TUMBLEWEEDS ROLL THROUGH THE RING AT STOCKYARDS

It is pretty sad going on two weeks now without sparring.
However, today, some of the younger guys were able to get in a few rounds, but Richard insists that I stick with training with guys closer to my age.
Well, that is going to be impossible right now, and I need to get ready for the tournament.
Does the age of my sparring partners really matter? It is just practise.
I have mentioned before the importance of sparring, especially before a bout.
He suggested that I go somewhere else for sparring.
Okay, great. Where?
...and it is not as if I can just walk into another gym and say, "Hey! I'm here for sparring!"  Richard would have to arrange it first.

I am at a dilemma. I am getting good coaching from Will, but can't get sparring.
What do I do?
I have tomorrow to train, then a few days off to think about it.


NEW DIET AND TRAINING FOR BRAMPTON CUP

Coach Will gave me a list of conditioning exercises to do. He also gave me a diet to follow leading up to the Brampton Cup in February.
The new training schedule took affect on Monday, and the new diet will be in effect starting after New Year's Day.

The new diet includes cutting pasta and rice servings down, cutting out all unhealthy desserts and snacks, and increasing veggie intake.


LAST ENTRY

This is the last post for 2015. 
We will be back in January with more of 'The Brick's' boxing stories including the road to the Brampton Cup, the coaches' progress reports for December, and the winners of the 2015 Dunce Awards.


SEASONS GREETINGS FROM "THE BRICK"

Wishing all of my followers and occasional visitors to this blog, and to my team mates and the coaches at the Stockyards Boxing, all the best this Holiday season, and a happy New Year.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One final laugh for 2015:


======================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================




"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"
                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment