ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A New Boxing Gym, Deja-Vu


The Stockyards Boxing and Fitness opens today! With head coach Richard Souce at the wheel.
This past Saturday, Richard allowed me to drop in for a preview look at his new facility.
It was not quite finished, but I did get a good idea of what he was trying to achieve.  
Also, while I was there, he asked me to help him setup the ring. Oh, I knew there was a catch! That is quite all right. I don't at all mind helping.

Stockyards Boxing in the George Bell Arena

Junmar was also there, and we began talking about Stockyards Boxing and what I wanted to achieve as a member.
Richard asked me if I was interested in competing. I said "Yes". Then he asked me my age and weight. I lied about my age first, as a joke. I told him what he wanted to know. He said there was absolutely no problem with that, but I would have to get registered with Boxing Ontario. Wow, just like that? You mean he is not going to ask me to shell-out 200-and whatever something dollars to attend some stupid "Fight Camp"? Yeah, amazing isn't it?
However, I am going to suggest that to him. Hopefully, he will not get upset an throw a tantrum. How dare someone make a constructive suggestion. Anyway, I am going to suggest the same idea. Obviously, we will not be able to call it "Fight Camp", but how about this: "Boxing Bootcamp"? Huh? Pretty good? 
The ring at the new Stockyards Boxing

I have a different "feeling" about this place. I never felt comfortable at Kingway, because I had a feeling something odd was going on. It turned out that I was right. Stockyards feels different. I can't explain it. Is this a sign that I can trust this place? I do not know, yet. However, I will give it a try.
The only thing is, I did not see any showers. Personally, I think that is gross. However, I was told that they have access to the entire arena building. That means there has to be a shower room someplace!
Oh, and Junmar told me that the upper deck of the rink goes all the way around, so that means lots and  lots of running! Oh, great, running, my favorite. Can I not just stick my head into a lion's mouth?



Stockyards opens today, so drop by and have a look. Meet Junmar and maybe even Richard.  They are located in the George Bell arena. Behind the Metro store off of St. Clair Avenue West, or take the 71 Runnymede bus north from Runnymede station. The arena address is 215 Ryding Avenue. The club is on the east side of the building.
Also on September 17, Stockyards will be having their first live boxing event. Please come by an show your support for this new club. As of now, my video production company D-I-T-O Productions, will be video recording the bouts, so any boxers involved will be able to see their matches on YouTube, and request DVD copies.

Paul "The Brick" Brec



No comments:

Post a Comment