ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

To Shower, Or Not To Shower?? That Is The Question

Things were looking quite well at Stockyards at the beginning, but now things are beginning to stall. This is in no way Richard's fault. I feel bad, because Richard Souce and Junmar Emon are both really good friends of mine, and are great teachers. I like training at Stockyards, but there are some underlying issues that are frustrating me, and may also be annoying other members as well.
We have to keep in mind that Richard's Landlord is the City of Toronto. That should tell you something right there. I have never trusted the City.  In my opinion, City Hall is a building full of idiots.
Do any of you remember the story about when I first started my production company, D-I-T-O Productions? Let me fill you in, quickly. I was working on an experimental production when I was just going around and video recording different parts of the city. I decided to put it together as a "Toronto Tourism" video. Just for the heck of it. Well, the Toronto Tourism office somehow found out about it, and sent me a letter telling me that I was not allowed to produce a Toronto Tourism video, because it was their job. Seriously.
Ever since then, I keep my interaction with City Hall to a bare minimum, if any.
Well, this week we were informed that Stockyards Boxing will be closed until October 3, because the City promised to let Elections Ontario use our room for advanced polls. They seemed to have "forgot" to inform Richard of this ahead of time. Forgot? That is kind of a major oversight isn't it? I mean, an election is not exactly something you forget. Especially, since the candidates keep reminding us.
This is exactly something I would expect from the City.  We need to build a giant Dunce Cap and put it on the roof of City Hall.
Also, they kind of lied to me about being able to use the showers. Everybody has their "thing". Well, my "thing" is cleanliness. If I had the time, I would shower 25 times a day. I especially like to shower after exercising.
When I first joined Stockyards, I was told that I could use the showers in the change rooms or the Referee's Room. Now, when I try to use a shower, the arena staff complain. I had one yesterday actually chase me through the entire building to keep me from using a shower, and he was yelling at me. Seriously? Are you for real? Its just a shower, damnit.  I'm sorry I ruined your day.
Last Saturday, they let Richard use two whole change rooms and shower facilities for the boxers to use during his live boxing show, for over three hours. At the same time, they won't let me use one shower for a couple of minutes. What's wrong with that picture?
Richard wants to put on these shows once a month. Does he really think they are going to cooperate with him every month? I give it one more month, maximum. Really. That is my maximum expectation of the City of Toronto.
Most of you may know that I have a pretty good Bullshit Detector, and it is going off right now.  I have not mentioned it to Richard, because with all due respect, it is really none of my business. His relationship with his Landlord is his business.
My Bullshit Detector is not always right, and I hope that is the case here. I would really hate to see something happen to Richard and his new business. However, feel that Richard is about to turn onto Bullshit Boulevard, and it is a one-way street with no exit.

Paul "The Brick" Brec

Stockyards Boxing Gym



No comments:

Post a Comment