ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"So You Think You Can Box?"

I am waiting very patiently for Stockyards to re-open. Five days. In the meantime, I am still training at Bloor Street Fitness. There has been a lot a sparring going on at Bloor. For a place that is not supposed to be offering sparring, they are having it about every two days. There is no sparring at Stockyards, and until there is, I will do my sparring at Bloor.
Speaking of sparring, there is this one really big guy who likes sparring. The problem is, big guys do not seem to understand the concept of ""soft"" sparring. It is like trying to tap lightly with a sledgehammer. Really, this guy hits hard. Although, he thinks he is soft sparring. I would really hate to get hit by him if we were hard sparring. Yikes!
Another thing that I am doing now, is swimming. In addition to my regular training, I am using the pool in my building three times a week. Swimming is good for boxers. Speaking of, there was a guy in the pool last night, doing some funky boxing moves. Yeah, right. I said aloud, "Pretending to be a boxer?" He ignored me and continued to splash around like an idiot. Seriously, he was splashing the ceiling! Then he had this ball, and for some reason he was whipping it around the pool, and bouncing it off the edges. Yeah, we get it, you are a real man. Thank you for letting us know. Now, how about cooling it a bit so other people can enjoy the pool?  Idiot.
I feel like I could start a new reality show, "So You Think You Can Box?"
I would also like to note that Stockyards will be hosting another boxing event on Friday, October 21. The first bout is scheduled to start at 7:30 PM. Please contact the club after October 3 for more info.
I will be video recoding all of the matches, and DVD and Blu-ray copies will be available. However, I will not be able to post all of them to the Internet. Please contact the club or myself for info on getting hard media copies of any of the bouts.
D-I-T-O Productions is a non-profit organization, and we supply copies of the boxing to the involved boxers and clubs at cost (duplication costs and cost of media). $4 for a standard-definition DVD, and $9 for a high-definition Blu-ray. You can have as many of the bouts as you want. If what you want can fit on one disc, you pay for only one disc. Contact me for more info.

Paul "The Brick" Brec

Stockyards Boxing Gym



No comments:

Post a Comment