ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Reserrecting the Sparring Report and Insecure Security

ENTRY 306


SPARRING REPORT

I have not done a sparring report in a while, but there has been some interesting sparring this week.

On Monday, a guy I remember from Bloor Fitness (back when it was a boxing gym) came into Stockyards after a lengthy time off, and wanted to start training again.
He wanted to spar to get back into things, so I agreed to train with him a bit.
We ended up doing seven rounds, of course we didn't do much. We mainly just worked on movement. 
Neither of us threw very much.
On Tuesday, I did two rounds of hard sparring with Ed. 
That was a lot of work, but I like working with Ed for that reason.
I also did three rounds on Wednesday.
So, no lack of sparring this week.

Coach Richard is looking for an opponent (for me) for the Stockyards' show on April 30. 
Of course I hope he finds someone. I will be doing some looking as well. 
There has to be someone in Ontario who is close to my stats.


INSECURE SECURITY

Not boxing related, but a bit interesting.

I work across from Metro Hall.
Metro Hall is a public building, but for some reason does not allow public access before 7:30 AM.
Since I work nights, and finish at 7 AM, I will sometimes use Metro Hall to access the St. Andrew subway station. They are connected through a tunnel.
On Tuesday morning, there was a security guard there that I did not recognize, and he absolutely refused to let anyone have access to the building.
It was 7:22.
It was also pouring rain.
Tell me this guy wasn't being an assshole.

He was actually going to wait right until 7:30 and 0 seconds before allowing access? Really?
He made people walk around outside in the rain for the sake of eight minutes.

I realize he has to enforce the policy of the building, but you can bend a bit. 
Give me a rest.
If it was me, I would have allowed it.

I have been working in security-related jobs for over three years, and it is people like that who make all the rest of us look bad.

Thank you for that.


====================================================


WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"








No comments:

Post a Comment