ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A Response From A Boxer In Kingston !

ENTRY 308



A GUY FROM KINGSTON BOXING CLUB WANTS TO FIGHT ME !

I have received word from Richard that a boxer from Kingston wants to fight me on the next card on April 30.

His name is Jack Chisamore. He is 46. He has had five bouts.
He competed in the 2010, 2011, and 2012 Brampton Cups.
That is interesting since he has been a Master for six years, actually seven, and the Brampton Cup did not accept Masters until this year, so how did he manage to pull that off?

Anyway, he is in the same situation. Having trouble getting opponents, so he is willing to travel three hours from Kingston to Toronto for a match.

Richard told me that he is really good.
That's fine. So am I.
I mean, I don't spend six days a week living in the gym to not be good. Right?

Here is a video of him in the Brampton Cup (he is in the red corner):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxfmcDhh-Uk

The only thing is, he is 172 lbs.
That means I will have to drop some more. Therefore, a new goal will be set.
I don't have to drop right down to 172, I just need to be closer, but why not just try for it?
My new weight goal will be 172 lbs. for the last week of April.
Can I do it? 
Of course I can.
**With a little effort and a lot of determination, nothing is impossible.**
Where have I seen that before?


SPARRING REPORT

With the probability of a bout next month, I need to up my sparring.

I still have a lot to practice.
It is times like this I wish I did not have to work Sundays so I can go in and train with Coach Will.

On Monday I sparred four rounds, concentrating on defense. 

On Tuesday I did three with Mike.
Mike is hard to spar because he is really fast and also a Southpaw, but as I have said before, you can't spar the same guys all the time. You need variety, since you never know what kind of opponent you will get.

I am thinking that with sparring, I want to work a lot more on defense. Although offense in important too. You won't win a boxing bout by staying defensive all the time.
I just want to be sure my defense is solid. Once I have a solid defense, then I will start working on some killer punches.

Thank you to everyone who worked with me on Monday and Tuesday. 
I look forward to more hard work over the next few weeks.


====================================================


WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"








No comments:

Post a Comment