ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

How Do You Spar In 36 Degrees?

ENTRY 333


SPARRING REPORT

On Monday, the fist day of summer, and the warmest day of the year so far. The temperature clocked in at an amazing 36 degrees. That is 97 F.
It was clearly over 100 in the boxing gym.
I started sweating before I even started warming up.

Coach Richard had me spar four rounds with Newton.
Newton? You mean little, but fast-as-hell, Newton?
Today?
I did it with no problem, and I lost about four pounds in sweat in the process.


LOCKED OUT OF THE BANK ?

Here is an odd story. Actually two odd stories, but are related.

Have you ever been under-paid from work?
Then you know how much of a pain it is to get an adjustment.

Well, here is something different. Last week, I was over-paid.
I was actually paid twice.
When I put the request in to change my payroll deposit from Scotia to TD, somehow they deposited my pay into both accounts.

I didn't actually notice.
Really, I didn't, because it was in two different banks, and my Scotiabank account is abandoned.

Well, payroll noticed soon enough, and wanted the overpayment back.

They would not accept an e-transfer. They wanted a bank draft.
So, in the morning I stopped at the TD at Jane and Bloor on the way home from work.
This branch is supposed to open at 8, but when I got there at 8:05, it was not open.
A person was standing outside, apparently an employee of the branch. He said that they were locked out, and it would take about 30 minutes for someone to unlock it.

Really? How does something like that even happen?
That would mean that every employee would have had to leave without a key.

Wow..and TD likes to boast about customer service.
I have to say that is stellar customer service.
Give TD a J.D. Power award for that service! 

I ended up having to go to the branch at Stockyards on my way to boxing.

Once again, I am going out of my way to fix someone else's mistake.

That's my life.


BLOG UPDATE, VACATION

There will be no blog entries on June 28 or July 1, and no entry the day before the Stockyards' card on June 24. There will be a special 'Fight Night' report blog on June 26.


====================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================




"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"







No comments:

Post a Comment