ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, June 18, 2016

One Year, Really ???

ENTRY 332


SPARRING REPORT

I sparred Oliver's dad for two rounds on Thursday.
He did quite well. It is a real shame that we can't get him any ring time outside of sparring.
Coach Richard wanted to arrange an exhibition between us, but Boxing Ontario said 'no'.
Apparently, there is too much difference in age.
The rule is 10 years difference between boxers for both competition and exhibitions.
In our case, there is 11 years difference.
Really? They are going to make a federal case out of one year?
Come on. Give the guy a break.

It also looks like I will not have an opponent for June 25.
However, I will stay on pre-bout training, since the following week I will be away.


TORONTO: THE ONLY CITY WHERE WALKING IS FASTER THAN THE BUS




I was supposed to be off Friday, but I was called in because I have absolutely nothing else to do with my time.
I worked Friday evening through to Saturday morning.
Travel early Saturday morning was not bad from downtown, until I got to Jane Street.

As usual, there was no bus.
I had just missed the last night bus, and it was over 40 minutes before regular services was to start, so, I walked.

I walked from Bloor Street to Alliance Avenue. It took 33 minutes, and I beat the bus.

Yes. Walking was faster than taking the bus.
Only in Toronto.

$150 for a pass.. to walk.
Now do you see why this service frustrates me?












BLOG UPDATE, VACATION

There will be no blog entries on June 28 or July 1, and no entry the day before the Stockyards' card on June 24. There will be a special 'Fight Night' report blog on June 26.


====================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================




"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"








No comments:

Post a Comment