ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I Think I Hit Him Too Hard...Oops

ENTRY 331


SPARRING A NEW GUY...TOO HARD ?

No sparring Tuesday, but I did a few rounds on Monday with Leo and a guy who has only sparred once in the past. That would have made it only his second time in the ring.

I am used to sparring experienced boxers and the professionals, so I am usually full contact.
I don't mind helping the newer guys with sparing, but I think I hit him too hard. I nailed him really good with a right a few times.

After two rounds he decided that he did not want any more of 'The Brick'.
He mentioned that I had hit him very hard, but it did not appear to bother him too much.

However, he did not come back on Tuesday. He is usually in every day at least for the fitness classes.
I hope I did not turn him off of boxing.
I kind of felt bad about it, but I told him that if I was hitting him too hard to tell me so I will ease off.
He didn't say anything, so it really isn't my fault is it?
He knew he was sparring an experienced boxer.


'THE BRICK' TO BE TAKING A WELL-DESERVED LEAVE

It has been over three years since I have taken vacation time.
The last time was when I went to Montreal for two weeks.
This year, I am taking a week in June. June 28 to July 1.
My wallet is not full enough to go to Montreal this year, so I have decided to visit friends and family in Hamilton.
I will be visiting some friends from college, and my aunt whom I have not seen in over 20 years. I actually had lost contact with most of my family after my mom died.
I reconnected with my aunt through Facebook. Apparently she is living happily in Ancaster.
Thank goodness for Facebook. What would we do without it?

I will be taking a total leave that week.
I will be at the Stockyards' card on the Saturday. If I don't compete, I will be video recording.
I will be editing on Sunday.
On Monday, I will be in for sparring. Then right after, I will be heading into Hamilton.

There will be no blog entries on June 28 or July 1, and no entry the day before the Stockyards' card on June 24. There will be a special 'Fight Night' report blog on June 26.


====================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"







No comments:

Post a Comment