ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Monday, February 4, 2019

No More Tournaments For Me

    ENTRY 451


BRAMPTON CUP - BUSTED

What would have been an exciting Brampton Cup with a record number of masters registered, turned out to be a bust. 

Apparently, there were too many people registered and they had to cancel some bouts.
They ended up canceling all but two of the master's bouts.

I am not sure how many others they canceled, but in my opinion, they should not have canceled the masters.  
The younger guys have lots of chances to get into tournaments and the masters don't.
That was my last chance of being in the Brampton Cup and now I will never know what it is like to be in it.

The guy from Detroit who I was supposed to have but ended up with another opponent, he decided that he was not ready and canceled. 
That left only one masters bout. It was on Saturday afternoon.

Although I am a bit annoyed about it, I will move on and keep training.

I have decided that I am going to slowly start my retirement as a competitive boxer.
Slowly.
I will not be going into any more tournaments but will continue to compete in local club events. Of course, I will continue to train and spar.

I don't know exactly when I will wrap-up my chapter of competitive boxing. I will continue at least into 2020. After which I will consider becoming an official. Boxing Ontario needs officials with competitive boxing experience. 

That was part one of the big announcement I was going to make. 
There is a part two, but I am not ready to announce it yet.


═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

LINKS:
MASTERS BOXING ON REDDIT
ANOTHER 'BRICK' IN THE SPRAWL (COMING SOON)

No comments:

Post a Comment