ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Off-Training Is On

ENTRY 321


Sparring Report

No sparring Tuesday, but I did four rounds on Monday.
The guy asked me to spar, so I don't mind helping my team. Although, this guy hits really hard. I didn't really get a chance to work on what I wanted. I need to work on offense, but
like I said, in this case I was helping someone else.

There is a new guy coming in who in in my division, and has just put in his Boxing Ontario registration. Once that is complete, he will be available for sparring as well.

Other than that, not a lot is happening. With the warmer weather (finally) here, fewer people are coming into the gym.
That typically happens every summer.


Off-Training Still On

I am currently staying on my 'off-training' schedule and diet.
That means doing the same training I do when I don't have a bout coming up.
It also means not such a strict diet.
I  am still off sugar, and still being careful, but I am treating myself more often. Twice a week as opposed to no times a week when I am on the pre-bout diet.
I have also increased my carb allowance from 50 grams to 100 grams. That is still in the low average recommended range.
I have to be honest about this. It is really hard keeping carbs at 50 grams a day.

When I hear about my next bout, I will be returning to my pre-bout training and diet.

Hopefully I will have something on the next Stockyards' card in June.
There may be a rematch with Phillip Gray, and there is also the guy from Kingston who backed out last time. Maybe he will try this time.

Hey, there are not many boxers in my division, so I have to take what I can get, right?

====================================================


WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"










No comments:

Post a Comment