ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, May 27, 2016

About Pre-Bout Training

ENTRY 326


PRE-BOUT TRAINING STARTS MONDAY

Monday May 30 marks the day I start pre-bout training and diet for my next scheduled match on June 25 at George Bell Arena.
As I mentioned, there is still lots of time for my opponent to cancel, but there are more opponents.  There is still the Mississauga rematch, and also that guy from Kingston.

For those not familiar with the training and diet for an athlete, I would like to go into a bit more detail about it.
This will hopefully help you understand part of what an athlete needs to go through on a weekly basis.
It may also serve as a guide to help you possibly become more familiar with diet and exercise for a healthier lifestyle.
It varies from type of sport and for the needs of each athlete.

Let me first show you my training chart.
This is a guide to how I exercise every week. It may sometimes vary slightly for various reasons, but I try to stick as close to it as possible.

Most of this is self-explanatory. 
It is clear that I put more focus on training just before a fight, and then rest immediately after.

For my food intake, my regular diet is what the average person would call a "healthy" diet.
I tend to lean towards the low-average or slightly below the recommended healthy amounts.
This is 'my' diet since every person should have a diet suited to their own needs.

I have one very serious problem as an athlete who is required to meet a specific weight target.
I tend to hover between the Heavyweight and Light-Heavyweight divisions.
Since I no longer compete as a Heavyweight, I have to be extra careful not to creep up. That is why you will notice a focus on weight loss during pre-bout.
Lately, I have been having trouble dropping weight. Not because of fat. I am getting more muscular. My pants are getting bigger and my shirts are getting smaller.
Therefore, I have to do what I can to keep myself in Light-Heavyweight. That means increasing calorie intake to make up for the increased exercise, but the calories need to be from healthier sources, not from fat.


On the day of the fight, I need to stock up on energy. 
The day after, I need to restore lost energy.
Following that, I return to my regular 'healthy' diet.


SPARRING REPORT

With temperatures ranging in the high-20s (80s F) all week, it was too hot for sparring.
Since I am still in regular training mode, if I don't have to spar, I don't.
However, once I start pre-fight training, sparring will be necessary at lest 10 rounds per week.
I am enjoying what little time off I still have.


'THE BRICK' IS ZOOMING ALONG

I will be at Zoomerplex on Saturday May 28  at about 2 PM, as part of Doors Open Toronto. If you are in the area, stop by and say hello.


====================================================


WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"







No comments:

Post a Comment