ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, May 20, 2016

On A Vision Quest and Party Time Is Over

ENTRY 324


My Life Has Reached A Pinnacle (Yeah, Sure)

After being registered with Boxing Ontario for over four years, my profile is finally listed on their web site.
Although, it is interesting that I am the only athlete at Stockyards whose coach is listed as Will instead of Richard.
It doesn't matter. I am just happy to finally being recognized.


I'm On A Vision Quest

I have never really thought about this before.

A Youtuber by the name of Adam the Woo. Has a channel called The Daily Woo.
It is a vlog channel, one of just a few that I follow.
By the way, ones who follow Woo are called Woovians. I am a Woovian.

Anyway, his entries are interesting in that he covers more than just his daily life.
He often will talk about inspirational topics. Recently while in Spokane, he spoke of a film that was released in 1985 called 'Vision Quest'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-6PnQQgkNE

While this film is itself inspirational, the film very closely resembles what I am trying to accomplish in boxing. The difference is that the lead character in the film is a wrestler.

The story is that this wrestler is on a 'Vision Quest'.
I guess you could really say the same for me.

Matthew Modine on a 'Vision Quest' (Warner Bros. Films)

What a great training Idea! Capture from 'Vision Quest' (Warner Bros. Films)
I hope Coach Will does not see this. He does not need any more 'training ideas'


Party Time Is Over

I am scheduled to be on the Stockyards' June card.
I am not going to discuss the details, because as you all know how opponents like to cancel on me.
Once confirmed, I will share the details.

It does mean that starting in June, going into "on-training" mode. Strict diet, and pre-bout training at the gym.

That gives me about one more week of party time, then it is back to business.



Good luck to Stockyards' Ed Hanecak at this weekend's Victory Charity Ball at the CBC building.


====================================================


WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"







No comments:

Post a Comment