ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, September 21, 2014

The 2015 Pan-Am Screw

ENTRY 200


NEXT BOUT: September 27 @ George Bell Arena, vs. Matt Standish


Congrats: 200th Entry !

Thank you to 'You', for supporting this blog, and thus supporting me, and my struggle to make it as an "older" amateur boxer.

Over these four years, and 200 posts, I have been noticing a trend.

The posts with the most views, are when I complain. 
Really? Is that really want you want, is more bitching? It can be arranged...

Also worth noting: Most visitors are from Canada, with the USA a distant second.

Most viewed entries:
  • A Message From Yoda  (664 views)
  • "Weighting" the Gyms  (418 views)
  • The Last [intelligent] Man on Earth   (373 views)
  • Bloor vs. Stockyards (219 views)
  • Somebody Beat 'The Brick'  (151 views)
Once again, thank you for your support. Here's to another 200 entries.
Also, watch for my new "companion" blog, coming soon on SETT.


Saturday Sparring

Nobody showed up to spar on Saturday, so Richard did pad-work with me.
He wanted me to practice a "special" combination to use on Matt.
I practiced on my own for a couple of rounds, and will continue to practice all week.

I was just thinking: A closed-casket funeral would be appropriate for Matt?
What do you think?

The 2015 Pan-Am Screw

Okay, so I have ordered my Pan-Am Games Boxing Finals tickets (Since I will not be in it).

Trivia time: How much are ringside seats for the Finals in Oshawa?
I will give you two hints. One: the ticket prices are actually higher than listed for some reason, and two: it is a three-digit number. 
$100.
Yeah. 
Keep in mind this is amateur boxing. I don't even pay that much to see professional boxing.
Somebody is making a killing on these tickets.
...and that is not even the most expensive sport. 
Swimming is the most expensive at $140.  $140 to watch people swim? 
I can sit on the beach, and watch people swim for free...What the fuck?

Also the prices between the Pan-Am Games website and Ticketmaster do not match.
On the Pan-Am website, ticket prices are $ 45-60-75. When you are forwarded to Ticketmaster, prices change to $ 50-85-100. 
So, it looks like Ticketmaster is inserting their own screw. 

The most expensive event is the Opening Ceremonies, with tickets up to $350.

I think I will just watch it on TV.


Stupidity Is Not Restricted To Mississauga

I had to go to my dad's place on Thursday to help him with something. 
He lives on Dawes Road, so it means travelling across the city to Main Street station, and grabbing the Number 23 bus.

Since I was coming right from work, I decided to pick up some breakfast, so I stopped at the Tim Horton's at Main Square.

I wanted to try the new steak and egg breakfast sandwich. How difficult do you think that was?
Very. As a matter-of-fact, it was so difficult, that I never did get to try the sandwich.

This woman...this idiot...could not understand what I wanted. Three times I said "Steak and Egg". Her response was "What number is it?" 
I was trying to explain that there was no number on it. It was a breakfast sandwich special.
Then she said, "Do you want an egg salad sandwich?"

Okay...Why is this so difficult?

I ended up leaving without my sandwich, and went next door to Subway, which ended up being a whole different experience...

I ordered a ham and egg from Subway. 
Oddly, he asked me. "What colour egg do you want?"
Up to this point, I did not know that eggs came in different colours.
I told him, "Green." 
He said, "We do not have green. Yellow or white."

What is the purpose of offering different colours of eggs, if they don't have the colour I want?
Really?
Green eggs and ham on white.
What's wrong with that?


You Hate Mississauga Transit When...

On Saturday morning after work, a colleague offered to take me to the Westwood terminal.
I accepted, although I really don't use that terminal any more.

The easiest thing to do would have been to take a Mississauga bus Number 11. Of course, I didn't.
I took Brampton Transit, which goes in the complete opposite direction.
I took the Number 30 (Airport Road) to Steeles Avenue, and then the 511 Zum Steeles to Humber College, as I normally would.

Doing this, however, did not take any time off my travel, as the 511 I took would have been the same one, as if I did not get the drive to Westwood.

However, I did have a few minutes to spend at my favourite Walmart (Malton). Yay!


New Daytime Drama Serial: 'The Days Of My Life'

Well, my life is full of drama every week, and this week is no different.

Apparently, my idiot landlord is blaming me for the roach infestation.

Really? That's funny how I have been there for eight years, and never seen a roach.
That female dog was giving me crap right in the management office.

I know that (Legally) there is not a damn thing she can do, since there is absolutely no way of proving how bugs get into an apartment.

I realize the frustration it must be for a landlord to have to deal with pests, but how about my frustrations?
It does not help when the landlord is not being very co-operative.
We all have to work together the best we can to help keep pests under control.
"Blaming" does not help. Its childish.

For some reason she does not like me. Although, as you all may know, I do not usually allow myself to be defeated. 
However, I have decided that I have been in that building long enough, and it is time to move on.

I have found another place, and I am going to appeal to the Landlord-Tenant board to rescind the requirement to give 60 days notice to the landlord, and in my case only give 30 days. Considering, that what she is doing is considered harassment.

I have to say, I am really looking forward to my life in my new apartment. 
Although, this will delay my move to Montreal, as I will be locked into a lease.

Stay tuned for more from the dramatic series based on the complicated life of "The Brick"...Right here...next week...


-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: September 27 @ George Bell Arena
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, sparring 2 - 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé
Trainer: Junmar Emon
Resting HR: 62 - 66
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead)
Style: Technical
Status:  ACTIVE, TRAINING FOR UPCOMING BOUT
--------------------------------------------------
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
Fri   188/85   Tue 188/85
Sat  188/85   Wed 187/85
Sun  187/85   Thu  188/85
              Mon  187/85   Fri  188/85               
------------------------------------

CONTACT "THE BRICK"



No comments:

Post a Comment