ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, September 5, 2014

First Rule: Don't Talk About It

 ENTRY 195

NEXT BOUT: September 27 @ George Bell Arena, vs. "Matt"


RULE ONE: DON'T TALK ABOUT IT

Well, as is usual with my life, there has been another unexpected, unplanned change.
I will not rematch Leo Ronin as planned and expected. 
I don't know why, that is just my usual crappy life.

Richard has announced a new opponent for me, Matt.
He is 52 years old, but that means absolutely nothing.
We are talking about a "50 year-old tough guy". 
He does not have a lot of boxing experience, but has been in many unsanctioned matches, "underground" fighting you could call it. You know, "Fight Club" type stuff. 
Stuff he is not supposed to talk about, but does anyway.

He is also a power-puncher. That means he will try to take-out his opponent, as opposed to just trying to score points.

Great. A power-puncher verses a technical boxer.
Fuck me.

I was preparing for Ronin. He doesn't do fuck all, so I was just coasting along. 
Now I really have to work.
I mean, I don't know how to fight a guy like Matt.

I sparred him about six months ago, and he put me to the ropes and pounded the piss out of me.

Technical boxers have an advantage over the puncher, by having better technique. The puncher has to get in with that one good strike.
However, they do not have very good defense, because they feel they don't need it. They work strictly in attack mode, and hope that the other boxer makes a mistake.

I did some sparring on Tuesday, and did some practice with offence. 
This was before I knew about my new opponent.

I made the mistake of taking too much time off. I took three days away from the gym.
I felt like shit, and was really tired for sparring, or for doing anything for that matter.
I made a few mistakes.

After sparring, Coach Richard took me aside.
You know when the coach takes you aside, it is not for a good thing.

For example, he did notice that I threw a couple of haymakers.
Yeah, I have no idea how or why that happened, but when you have a technical coach like Richard, that will definitely piss him off.

He also pointed out that I tend to rush into my opponent, and I am getting nailed on that way in.
You are supposed to attack from the side. You don't just walk into your opponent, "Hi there". 
He will, "Hi there" you right in the head, as I found out.

Yeah, that would definitely not be a good thing to do with Matt. 

I have a strategy for dealing with him.
I am not going to reveal it here, in case Matt reads this.
If you want to know, come out on September 27, and watch me take care of Matt, or maybe he will take care of me. 
At this point, who knows?


MEMORIES OF MISSISSAUGA (TRANSIT)

For the last few days, that damn 191 Express bus has been really crowded while coming home in the morning.
Reason: It has been late.
There is a reason they are every five minutes.

It fills up with the stupid students from Humber College North, and there are no seats left. Fuck. I am coming home from work, and I'm tired.
Why the hell are students leaving the college in the morning, anyway? Don't students go to the college in the morning?

Then, it is always some grouchy old geezer bus driver, telling the passengers to move back.
Fuck. You move back. If you were on time, your bus would not be crowded.
Go back to bus driving school.

Its just like Mississauga. Blame the passengers, because the driver doesn't do his job properly.
Learn how to freaking tell time. Don't tell me to move back.

Shut up and drive the bus. 
Maybe if you were not so busy bitching out the passengers, you would be on time?
Idiot.

It is like Mississauga Transit all over again.

It has been one month using Brampton Transit, and I have never seen a late bus.

Amazing, isn't it?




I did not win any auctions this week.




Mississauga still sucks.
Brampton rules.
12 months/1 year to my big move to Quebec.





-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Weigh-in on August 29 / 2014 @ 85 kg / 188 lbs. {no change}
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: September 27 @ George Bell Arena
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, sparring 2 - 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé
Trainer: Junmar Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 66
Stance: Orthodox 
Style: Technical
Status:  ACTIVE, TRAINING FOR UPCOMING BOUT
--------------------------------------------------
TRAINING 

Friday August 29  [OFF, vacation]
Saturday August 30  Bloor  CARDI  60 mins.
Sunday August 31   Bloor   CARDI, FLR, BAG  90 mins.
Monday September 1   [OFF, holiday]
Tuesday September 2   Stockyards    TECH, SPAR  60 mins,  
Wednesday September 3  Crossways Pool  SWIM  60 mins.
Thursday September 4    Bloor    CARDI, RESIST   60 mins.  
----------------------------------------------------
SPARRING

TUESDAY  3 rds.  Focus Offence

-------------------------------------
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment