ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, September 26, 2014

Last Entry ?


ENTRY 201

NEXT BOUT: September 27 @ George Bell Arena, vs. Matt Standish


Last Entry?

This will be the last entry before my bout on Saturday. 
It could be my last entry ever, if Standish has his way.
He my tear me apart, stomp on me, and wipe up the canvas with me.

Please come out to support the Stockyards' boxers on Saturday.
Tickets are available at the arena (boxing gym).

I will be off from training now, until late next week.
After which I will be slightly modifying my training schedule. 
I have realized that I have been over-training, causing me to be fatigued, and affecting my performance.
I will be taking at least one day off per week, and cutting sparring back to twice weekly.
Only before a bout will training be increased.


Why You Shouldn't Buy Anything Except Gas At A Gas Station

Well, my buddy at the Esso on Kennedy Road at Steeles Avenue in Brampton, last week charged me $6.65 for a 500 ml of water and a 500 ml iced tea.

Okay, so you have idiot staff working for you at minimum wage, and you are charging that much for drinks?


Saying Goodbye To The Junction,You Will Not Be Forgotten

I will be moving very soon. 
The choice was not any easy one.
However, due to serious problems with my current landlord, and other reasons, after eight years, I will be giving up my apartment on Bloor Street/Dundas Street for one in South Etobicoke.

One of the "problems" with the Junction is that over the past few years the area has become "Trendy", and we all know what happens then. Rents skyrocket, as people want to live in "trendy" areas. 
Rents in the Junction have increased an average of 25% over the last five years.
My studio apartment was $729 when I moved there in 2006. Now the landlord wants $950.
The "problem" is that she can not raise the rent on that apartment while it is occupied (except for annual increases to meet inflation--about 2%).
I think that is why she is trying to get me out of there. I am 'only' paying $815. 

Personally, I don't think that apartment is worth $950, but if she thinks she can get it, all the best to her.
At the same time, she can kiss my ass.

My new apartment will be a two bedroom on Islington Avenue near the Lake Shore.
Rents are very reasonable there.

I would like to thank the Junction neighbourhood for their support, and you can be sure that I will be back to visit.

This also means likely changing my alternate gym. 
I will not leave Stockyards, but I may have to leave Bloor Fitness, as it will be too far to travel.

Ironically, Kingsway Boxing Club is close, but I will never return to that crap.
Also close is Xtreme Couture.
I may do some alternate training there, depending on the fees. 
Everyone I spoke to who trains there are very happy with it.




I won three different auctions (sites) this week. Unusual. Most of the time, I have trouble winning just one.



100 mouthguards. I will be selling some, and the rest I will be donating to Stockyards Boxing, I see so many times guys forgetting their mouthguards, Now there will be lots of extras.

Also, I won a 1000 Costa Rico colon bank note. I have a friend who collects foreign currency. 
I paid $2.25 for it. After looking it up, I found that 1000 colon is equivalent to $2.25 Canadian dollars.
Interesting how that worked out, isn't it?
I wonder how much 1000 colon can buy?

I also won a nice headset for my MP3 player from the police Auction for $6.
It's new, and sounds great.



-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: September 27 @ George Bell Arena
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, sparring 2 - 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé
Trainer: Junmar Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 66
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead)
Style: Technical
Status:  ACTIVE, TRAINING FOR UPCOMING BOUT
--------------------------------------------------
TRAINING 
Friday September 19 Bloor  CARDI, FLR  60 mins.
Saturday September 20 Stockyards  TECH, BAG  60 mins.
Sunday September 21 Bloor   CARDI, FLR, RESIST  90 mins.
Monday September 22 Stockyards TECH, SPAR  60 mins. 
Tuesday September 23 Stockyards  TECH,SPAR  60 mins,  
Wednesday September 24 Bloor  CARDI, FLR  60 mins.
Thursday September 25   [off]  
----------------------------------------------------
SPARRING
Mon  4 rounds.  Focus Defense
Tue 4 rounds.  Focus Defense
-------------------------------------
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
Fri   187/85   Tue 187/85
Sat  188/85   Wed 187/85
Sun  187/85   Thu  187/85
Mon  188/85                
------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment