ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Holy Losses, Batman!

ENTRY 202

Holy Losses, Batman

Okay. Without going into much detail, I lost to a bed decision again.
I'm telling you. The officials hate me!


Here are some photos from the bout:

Being examined by the referee.

Nice right. Too bad I missed..

Come get some!

Nice exchange.

Quick pep-talk from Coach Richard.

Defense times two.

That one found the target!

A very short rest.

Serious stuff.

Duck!

This Standing-Eight Count came out of nowhere. I didn't even feel getting hit!

Another good exchange.

Another talk from the coach.

Another short rest.

Crap! He dropped his defense, and I missed it!

Still missing it!
See the video here:


Results (Stockyards team):

Matt Standish won un. dec. over Paul Brechbuhler   @ 85 kg
Kofi Sarpong won un. dec. over Justin Lis from TNT  @ 74 kg
Mark Laidman from Ring London won un. dec. over Leo Ronin  @ 88 kg
Trace Easton won un. dec. over Ernesta Portillo from TNT  @ 87 kg 

This was one of the best Fight Nights ever from the Stockyards Boxing. Thanks to coach Richard for a great night!

In the meantime, I asked Leo's opponent, Mark Laidman if he wanted to fight me next month, and he agreed.
I mentioned it to Richard, and he likes the idea also. so I may have an opponent for the next card, and it is not somebody from my own gym for a change.

I was thinking this might be better for me. I was thinking that there may be some kind of a sub-conscious block when I fight someone from my own team, that is causing me to hold back.
It is possible that if I fight a guy I don't know, I may have a better chance of winning.

I never realized how heartbreaking it is to lose. I mean, in this sport, you make a lot of sacrifices, and then to not win is very disappointing.

Honestly, I need a "W". 
Losing is getting boring.


TTC Stands For...

Terrible Transit Crap.

On Tuesday morning, right in the middle of rush hour, service was suspended on Line 2. It took me an hour to get from Kipling station to Keele station.
The reason for the shut down? An excavator dug too deep, and damaged the tunnel.
Okay. How does this happen in the 21st century?

Anyway, it has since been fixed.



-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 2  / 1 
Last bout: September 27 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: N / A
Training schedule: Monday,Tuesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday-- sparring 2 times weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé
Trainer: Junmar Emon
Resting HR: 62 - 66
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead)
Style: Technical
Status:  OFF UNTIL SATURDAY OCTOBER 4 [post-fight rest]
--------------------------------------------------
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
        Sat.  187 / 85               
------------------------------------

CONTACT "THE BRICK": thebrickboxer@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment