ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Blunt Force Trauma

ENTRY 196

NEXT BOUT: SEPTEMBER 27 @ GEORGE BELL ARENA, VS. "MATT"



SPARRING: SATURDAY AND MONDAY


Well, I got to spar Matt on Saturday morning for three rounds.
It was a good session, and Richard was very happy.
However, we can not spar each other again until after September 27.
I have noticed that he is getting more technical and less of a heavy-hitter, which may be a good thing (for me).
He did nail me with a hook to the nose. 
He was aiming for my temple, but I moved back, but not far enough.

My nose was sore for a while, but did not bleed.
It was okay on Sunday, so I felt it would be okay for sparring on Monday.

On Monday, I did three rounds. One with The Cobra, and two with some new guy, who was sparring for the first time. Interestingly, both of these guys are Southpaws.

It is difficult to spar the new guys, since they don't have much technique, but are very aggressive. 
Don't underestimate them. 
It was good sparring, but at one point he got in a lucky left hook. He nailed me right on the jaw.
Fortunately, "The Brick" has an iron jaw, and it did not really phase me, except for the initial shock.

After sparring, Coach Richard asked me what happened. 
I was honest, and told him, "I fucked up."
Really. I don't know how a new guy managed to almost knock me out, but, hey, we all have off days.

Richard suggested taking a day off, since he feels I have been training too hard.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, I am just going to go swimming. Then, on Thursday, I will go to Bloor Fitness for cardio and resistance training.

I will be back to Stockyards on Saturday morning for more sparring.



STOCKYARDS BOXING  IS THREE !


Congrats to one of the best boxing gyms in Toronto, and one of Toronto's best boxing coaches.
Richard Soucés' Stockyards Boxing and Fitness--of which I have been a proud member since it opened-- is three years old.
Stockyards Boxing opened in September of 2011.
We will be celebrating with a private party at a nightclub in the Junction area this Saturday.
Thank you Richard, for your dedication to your athletes, and the great attitude towards all your members.








BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA


A colleague at work and I were talking about boxing.
He is a big black guy. 
I told him he should be a boxer, and he said that he didn't want to, because he was afraid of hurting someone.
Well, okay. he has a right to his opinion, but for me, that is the best part.
Really. I mean, in what other sport is it not only allowed, but encouraged to intentionally cause injury to your opponent?
Sure, there are other contact sports, but in those sports, the contact is a bi-product of the objective. With boxing, it is the objective. 
It usually does not bother me to cause damage to a guy, and I never apologize.
I figure, that he chose boxing just as I, and that the 'hurt' comes with it.


Some will ask, "Why"?
For me, it is a stress-reliever. After a few rounds of pounding on a guy, I feel so refreshed.

However, as I mentioned, except for two nosebleeds, I have never shown any injury from boxing, and that is a good thing. You should never let your opponent know that you are hurt.

My colleague concluded by making a comment about a black eye.
I told him that I had never had one. 
He said, "I don't think I can get one".

I have to say that was really funny.





-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Weigh-in on September 5 / 2014 @ 85 kg / 188 lbs. {no change}
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: September 27 @ George Bell Arena
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, sparring 2 - 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé
Trainer: Junmar Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 66
Stance: Orthodox 
Style: Technical
Status:  ACTIVE, TRAINING FOR UPCOMING BOUT
--------------------------------------------------
TRAINING 

Friday September 5  Bloor  CARDI, FLR  60 mins.
Saturday September 6  Stockyards  TECH, SPAR  60 mins.
Sunday September 7   Bloor   CARDI, FLR, BAG  90 mins.
Monday September 8  Stockyards TECH, SPAR  60 mins. 
Tuesday September 9   Crossways Pool  SWIM  60 mins,  
Wednesday September 10  Crossways Pool  SWIM  60 mins.
Thursday September 11    Bloor   CARDI, FLR, BAG  90 mins.  
----------------------------------------------------
SPARRING

SATURDAY  3 rds.  Focus Defense
MONDAY 3 rds.  Focus Defense

-------------------------------------





CHEERS !

No comments:

Post a Comment