ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Monday, September 15, 2014

Things You Notice When You Are Bored

ENTRY 198

NEXT BOUT: SEPTEMBER 27 @ GEORGE BELL ARENA, vs. Matt


A STROLL THROUGH GEORGE BELL ARENA

This past Saturday, thinking there would be somebody there before 10 AM (there usually is), I went to Stockyards Boxing, but to my surprise, it was locked up tight.
It was okay, I just waited. 
Since it was raining, I waited inside the building.
Of course, there were no chairs around.

Not knowing how long I would have to wait, here I am sitting on the floor of the George Bell Arena, in front of the entrance to the gym.

You know, it is amazing the things you begin to notice when you are bored stiff.

09:56 am: Arrived at the arena, noticed gym was closed, sat on the floor under the pay phone that nobody uses.

10:04 am: Realizing that it was the first day of hockey season, and a bunch of kids walking by me to get ready for a game, and all of them looking at me like I am an idiot.

10:07 am: Began to think about how great of a blog entry this will make.

10:09 am: Noticed that the Stockyards Boxing Gym sign was not properly centered over the doors.


10:14 am: Got up to look for a chair. Did not find one.

10:17 am: Arena manager walked by me, and said `Hi`. I said `Hi`back, but forgot to ask him for a chair, as I was thinking about how great of a blog entry this will make.

10:19 am: Noticed that my ugly mug of a face was on the door of the Stockyards Gym.

10:23 am: Matt (my opponent) came in, tried to get into the gym, couldn't, and left. Didn't notice me sitting there (Ignored me).

10:26 am: Pondered further about how great of a blog entry this will make.

10:30 am: Noticed a box at the main entrance to the arena with a sign on it that read, "Please do not donate expired helmets".

10:31: Pondered about how a helmet could have an expiry date, or is it just a "Best Before" date, like on food? This helmet is 'Best Before MR 16'.

10:32 am: Pondered about what would happen if you used a helmet that was past its "Best Before" date.

10:33 am: Pondered about how great of a blog entry this will make.

10:37 am: Wandered the arena, discovered nothing interesting, returned to my "seat".

10:41 am: Counted the number of songs on my MP3 player. 124.

10:43 am: Counted the number of Foo Fighters songs on my MP3 player. 12.

10:45 am: Realized that I had accidentally added the song "The Final Countdown" twice, after Richard had expressed how much he hated that song a week ago.

10:48 am: Thought about how great of a blog entry this will make.

10:51 am: Looked outside. It was still raining.

10:54 am: Decided to wait until 11, and if nobody showed up by then, I would leave.

10:59 am: Junmar opened the door to the gym.

11:02 am: Richard showed up.

11:15 am: Got ready for sparring, which I was hoping would have been earlier.


SATURDAY SPARRING REPORT

After waiting over an hour on the cold arena floor, I was full of piss and vinegar for sparring.

Sparred four rounds, all with the small guys again. Two with Newton, and two with Dharius.

Kicked both butts royally. 

Realized that I needed to do that to Matt. 
Also realized that I had less than two weeks to prepare.

Weigh-in at Stockyards in front of Richard, and I was (still) 188. 
Matt's weigh-in the day before was 195.
That's a possible problem. It's too great of a difference.

Used that as an excuse to pick up Harvey's on the way home. Double with cheese and bacon, fries, rings, and Pepsi. (I need to gain two pounds).

Weigh-in on Sunday: 187 pounds. Damn it.


TAKING 'APPLES' FROM THE ORCHARD

Well, my buddies at ScrewTube are at it again.

There is this production company out of New York, that are harassing ScrewTube users by filing false copyright claims in order to make money off of productions that are not theirs.

The company is called The Orchard, and there are complaints all over the ScrewTube forums about them.

Well, they have claimed all of the (Metropolis TV) Stockyards Boxing videos as theirs.

Wow. 
I did not know that my production crew and my production equipment actually belong to a company in New York called The Orchard?
It is amazing the things that just go right over your head, isn't it?
Well, geez, you know, I am really sorry for any inconvenience I have caused them.

Anyway, the idiots at ScrewTube don't seem to want to do anything about it.

I was told to take up the issue with The Orchard myself.

Excuse me?
ScrewTube are the ones that are allowing this to happen.
Fuck them. They can lick my sweaty groin after sparring.
I do not charge anyone for producing these videos. I rely on income from ScrewTube to help pay production costs.
ScrewTube is fixing this. For every day I lose revenue, ScrewTube will be responsible.

Ever since Google took over ScrewTube, it has been a mess. Just like everything else Google touches.


'AMAZING' LANDLORD

I have lived in my unit for seven years, and have never seen a bug.
Last month, I saw a cockroach. One, so, no big deal. Then I saw two, then three, now I have a damn infestation.

I told management, and a week later they just happen to send a pest control contractor in to "inspect" for pests. Just in case the cockroaches are just a figment of my imagination.

On an interesting side note, some of the biggest pests are the pest control contractors. 
Anyway, I told the contractor that I had a roach infestation, just as I told management a week before.

Two days later, I get a notice from property management, that read, "The pest control contractor has determined that there is a cockroach infestation".

What? 
I told the contractor there was a roach problem. The pest control contractor did shit.

Anyway, sparing anymore ridiculous details, my apartment is being sprayed on Thursday afternoon, and I will have to be out of the unit. 
That will be interesting, since I will be on night shift. What the hell would they like me to do? Stay at work?

Its interesting that when pest control comes to where I work, they can do everything they need to do without obstruction. Nobody has to leave, nothing gets disturbed. 
Why can't they do the same for an apartment?

The things that make you go "Hmmmmm......"

...and for this my rent keeps going up...and of course the elevators that never work, but that is a whole different entry...

PHOTO OF THE MONTH


Sometimes, I find something interesting I want to share.
This is one of those:

Film crew in Toronto waving at the Google Street View Camera:



...except for that grouchy old geezer walking in front of the tracks.




-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Weigh-in on September 14 / 2014 @ 85 kg / 187 lbs. {down}
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: September 27 @ George Bell Arena
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, sparring 2 - 3 times weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé
Trainer: Junmar Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 66
Stance: Orthodox 
Style: Technical
Status:  ACTIVE, TRAINING FOR UPCOMING BOUT
--------------------------------------------------








No comments:

Post a Comment