ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Special Entry: Fight Night XXVI

SPECIAL ENTRY 

Fight Night XXVI


Another exciting Fight Night has come and gone.

I have to say that it was not a good night for Stockyards' athletes, me in particular.

Stockyards lost all of its bouts except one.

Oliver won his.

Michael lost a split.

...and me....well, I'd rather not discuss it.









I tried very hard, and worked very hard, and I lost in the worst way possible.
I lost by second round TKO.

It would not have been so bad losing a decision, because at least you can say, "I didn't impress the judges enough", but a stoppage means your opponent was better. You can not find an excuse for that. You screwed it, that's all.

I did well in round one. 
I had him on the ropes a couple of times.

However, in round two, he had me on the ropes and nailed me in the jaw with three in a row.
I staggered, and was given a standing eight.
I shook it off, and wanted to continue, so I could make it up.
However, I was bothered by the shock from the initial flurry, and was nailed with the exact same thing again.
At that point, the referee stopped it.

I was hit harder that I had even been hit in my life.
This guy wanted to hurt me. He did not want to go the full three rounds. He wanted me out of there, and succeeded. 

He must have had some very interesting instructions from his coach between rounds.

I have to say, I did not take the loss very well.
I went and hid from everyone for a few minutes, and did not join the after-party until about 20 minutes after it started.
I was even considering not boxing any more.
However, some of the team came in to console me, and I appreciate that.

Going forward, I will have to study what went wrong, and work on it.
There is no way I can let that happen again.


Stockyards Boxers Results


  • Nick Goudecek vs. Thomas Alberto, exhibition  
  • Mastafa Saweri from Big Tyme Boxing Club defeated Michael Quach from Stockyards by split decision
  • Andy Ragonia from Big Tyme Boxing Club defeated Paul "The Brick" Brechbuhler by 2nd round stoppage 
  • Oliver Kladnik from Stockyards defeated Jon Mauricio from Black Eye Boxing by decision
  • Kofi Sarpong's bout was cancelled


Stockyards' next card is scheduled for December.

Look for the "Stockyards Mini-Card"  video package (all five bouts) available on the Metropolis TV YouTube channel by Wednesday.


======================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:














"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:




215 Ryding Ave. Toronto





"The Brick"

Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) 
 Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 
WEIGH-IN
   Current:  189 lbs / 85 kg 
                                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment