ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Keep Calm, "The Brick" Is Here

ENTRY 268

Back To Sparring

I did four rounds on Monday for my first time back in the ring since my bout,

I did not spar Tuesday.

Returning to sparring felt different.
It is difficult to explain.
It was not because I had taken time off.
It was more the feeling of needing to work harder and different than I was before.

I felt that I couldn't just jump in and spar my old way.
I needed to change how I did things, and prove to the coach that I could change, and wanted to change.

Ultimately, I want one more bout this year.
As I mentioned in a previous post,  I do eventually want a remach with Orangeville.

Although, if Richard has another idea for an opponent, that's fine too.

It is still bothering me, deep inside, that I could have done much better.

However, I can not change the past.
All I can do, is keep working hard, and do better next time.


Change In Weather Means Change In Training

I have been doing a lot more work on the heavy bag. Concentrating on hitting harder, and working on hooks.

I have said before that hooks are not my favorite, I prefer straights. 
However, as I found out the hard way, hooks are very effective.
It is possible that I could learn to like throwing more hooks.

I am also still doing roadwork. 
It seems that the warmer weather is still hanging on despite being near the end of October.
As long as it is warm enough, I will be sprinting the length of the George Bell parking lot, and running laps around Runnymede Park.
Once it starts getting too cold and dark, I will have to resort back to spending more time doing cycles on the treadmill at Bloor Fitness.

Still working hard, and staying calm.


======================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:














"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:




215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"
                                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment